Andrew Wilson is an associate and legislative specialist in Morris James' Health Care Industry and Government Relations Groups. Andrew works on a range of healthcare issues throughout the practice of medicine, assisting clinician, practices, and other entities through licensing questions, regulatory compliance, and generally how to grow their practices.
Andrew also understands that clients may encounter areas of the law where the system is out of date or didn’t consider particular situations. Andrew works with those clients to see if their concerns are best addressed through seeking legislative and regulatory change by working directly with key officials in the executive and legislative branches to implement policy changes. He gained experience in doing so through his time with the Medical Society of Delaware, during which the Society grew to the fourth most legislatively-active group in Delaware.
After graduating with his Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in 2010, Andrew worked as Counsel and Policy Analyst to the New York State Senate. He produced legislation, committee reports, and held press conferences on a weekly basis addressing time-sensitive issues. He also served as Counsel and Clerk to the New York State Senate Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, where his duties included running committee meetings and hearings, creating policy, acting as agency point person, and bill tracking and analysis.
Additionally, Andrew has developed extensive knowledge of political campaigns in Delaware, working in a range of roles from volunteer to statewide Campaign Manager.
- House Bill 69, AN ACT RELATING TO TELEMEDICINE SERVICES (Expanded telehealth delivery to health professions in Delaware and created insurance payment parity), signed into law July 7, 2015.
- House Bill 70, AN ACT RELATING TO MIDWIFERY (Created a new profession of licensed midwifery), signed into law June 9, 2015.
- Senate Bill 101, AN ACT RELATING TO NURSING (Modernized the code in relation to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses), signed into law September 3, 2015.
- Senate Joint Resolution 10, ESTABLISHING A JOINT EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE TASK FORCE TO STUDY AND MAKE FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING A UNIFIED STRATEGY TO COMBAT LYME DISEASE, signed into law July 21, 2014.
- House Bill 88, AN ACT RELATING TO POSSESSION OF DEADLY WEAPONS BY PERSONS PROHIBITED AND TO HEALTH AND SAFETY (Restricted gun ownership by persons with propensities for violence), defeated in Senate 2014.
- Senate Bill 116, AN ACT RELATING TO SEEKING HELP FOR AN ALCOHOL OR DRUG OVERDOSE OR OTHER LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY (Created a safe harbor for reporting overdose victims), signed into law July 2, 2013.
- Delaware State Bar Association, Associate Member, 2013 – Present
- Democratic Party 4th Ward Committee, Secretary, 2015 – Present
- Metropolitan Urban League Young Professionals, Member, 2015 – Present
- Telehealth Steering Committee, Committee Member, 2015 – Present
- Planned Parenthood Delaware, Board Member, 2015 – Present
- Common Cause Delaware, Board Member, 2014 – Present
- Delaware Young Democrats, Parliamentarian, 2013 – Present
- Delaware Chapter of Sierra Club, Policy Committee, 2013 – Present
- HJR 17 Committee, Criminal Intersection Subcommittee, 2013 – 2014
News & Media Mentions
Articles & Publications
- December 7, 2016Winter 2016
Albany Law School
- Editor-in-Chief of the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology
- Gary M. Peck ’79 Memorial Prize in Environmental Law
New York, 2011
Albany Law School, J,D., cum laude, 2010
St. Lawrence University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006