Kenneth L. Dorsney is the Chair of Morris James’ Intellectual Property Practice. He is a registered patent attorney with nearly 19 years of experience resolving patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright disputes in the District of Delaware, through litigation, mediation and dispute resolution.
Ken’s practice focuses on the representation of corporate clients and the interests of outside counsel in a wide variety of complex intellectual property matters. Ken is the chair of the firm's Intellectual Property group practice. According to IAM Patent 100 magazine "Trial-savvy Kenneth L Dorsney boasts “excellent credentials”; a registered patent attorney, he has a commanding grasp of the legal and technical issues at play in any dispute."
Ken has been recognized by Chambers USA from 2015- 2017 as one of the leading Intellectual Property attorneys in Delaware. Chambers USA reported, "Kenneth Dorsney is recognized for his representation of corporate clients in sophisticated patent disputes, and is also regularly engaged for his counsel in cases concerning trademark, trade secret and copyright issues. Sources reserve praise for his communication skills and proactive approach and describe him as "very good attorney" who "handles things very professionally."
Ken has spoken at numerous seminars and law schools on patent law and litigation and is Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Author of ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators and recently released Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio. Click on either publication below for more information.
- Patent infringement and ANDA litigation
- Trademark infringement litigation
- Copyright infringement litigation
- Trade secret and business dispute litigation
Delaware State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Past Chair
American Bar Association, Patent Litigation Webpage Subcommittee, Chair, Business Law Section, IP Transactions Committee, Program Subcommittee, Chair
U.S. Bar/JPO Liaison Council, Delaware Delegate
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Federal Circuit Bar Association
Federal Bar Association Delaware Chapter, Intellectual Property Litigation Section, Past Co-Chair
ADTRAN, Inc. v. TQ Delta, LLC
Amgen Inc. v. Hetero USA Inc., et al.
AstraZeneca AB v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
Bayer Intellectual Property GMBH, et al. v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
Blackbird Tech LLC v. Garmin Ltd., et al.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., et al. v. Bionpharma, Inc.
Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Forest Laboratories, LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, et al. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Genuine Enabling Technology LLC v. Sony Corp., et al.
Memory Integrity, LLC v. ASUSTek Computer, Inc., et al.
Pfizer Inc., et al. v. Micro Labs USA Inc., et al.
Onyx Therapeutics, Inc. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
TQ Delta, LLC v. ZyXel Communications, Inc., et al.
UCB, Inc., et al. v. Apotex, Corp. and Apotex, Inc.
Wyeth LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
Summit Data Systems LLC v. EMC Corporation, et al.
Finjan Inc. v. McAfee Inc., et al.
McGrath v. Datex-Ohmeda Inc., et al.
Novartis Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Scholastic Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Randstad Holding N. V. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
TriMas Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
1-800 Contacts Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Five Star Quality Care Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Instinet Incorporated v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
American Apparel Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
Sonion Nederland BV v. Asius Technologies LLC
Serverside Group Limited et al. v. CPI Card Group – Minnesota Inc. et al.
SonicWALL Inc. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
Select Retrieval LLC v. Amerimark Direct LLC et al.
AVM Technologies LLC v. Intel Corporation
Polar Electro Oy v. Suunto Oy et al.|Asahi Glass Co Ltd. et al. v. Guardian Industries Corp.
Round Rock Research LLC v. Macy’s Inc.
Verance Corp. v. Digimarc Corp. (Delaware) et al.
Universal Innovations LLC v. CS Industries Inc. et al.
Where 2 Get It, Inc. v. Geo Tag Inc.
Warnock v. GetFugu Inc. et al.
American Cruise Lines Inc. v. HMS American Queen Steamboat Co. et al.
Starhome GmbH v. AT&T Mobility LLC et al.
Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited et al. v. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited et al.
Technology Innovations LLC v. Amazon.com Inc.
Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Allied Telesis Inc. et al.
CISCO Systems Inc. et al. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
FastVDO LLC v. Apple Inc. et al.
FotoMedia Technologies LLC v. Facebook Inc. et al.
ChriMar Systems Inc. et al. v. Cisco Systems Inc. et al.
Digital CBT LLC v. TiVo Inc.
Digital CBT LLC v. AT&T Inc.
Ever Win International Corporation v. RadioShack Corporation
EIT Holdings LLC v. Barnes & Noble Inc.
Golden Bridge Technology Inc. v. Amazon.Com Inc. et al.
Microsoft Corporation et al. v. GeoTag Inc.
Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. D-LINK Systems Inc., et al.
Netgear Inc. v. Innovation IP Ventures LLC
Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. v. Enzymotec USA et al.
Infoblox Inc. v. BlueCat Networks (USA) Inc. et al.
Hunter Douglas Window Designs Inc. v. Springs Window Fashions LLC
Marketlinx Inc. v. Industry Access Incorporated et al.
Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Enterasys Networks Inc. et al.
News & Media Mentions
- May 26, 2017Chambers USA
- Kenneth L. Dorsney Is Editor-In-Chief and Co-Author of a Second Edition of Premier ANDA Litigation BookJune 6, 2016
- May 27, 2016Chambers USA
- May 13, 2016Intellectual Asset Management
- May 19, 2015
- March 31, 2015
- Partners Richard K. Herrmann and Kenneth L. Dorsney Named in IAM's Patent 1000 List of the "World’s Leading Patent & Technology Licensing Lawyers"May 30, 2014Intellectual Asset Management Magazine
- Morris James LLP Joins the American Diabetes Association’s “Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes” as a Figure Eight Barn SponsorSeptember 3, 2013
- Partner Kenneth L. Dorsney Named Among IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2013June 5, 2013Intellectual Asset Management
- Kenneth Dorsney To Present "A Roadmap to Delaware Patent Litigation" At The Harris Martin Intellectual Property Law ConferenceJune 14, 2012
- Kenneth L. Dorsney Is Editor-In-Chief and a Co-Author of a New ANDA Litigation Book Published by the American Bar AssociationMay 21, 2012
- December 14, 2011
- December 17, 2010
- December 16, 2010Corporate Counsel Magazine
Articles & Publications
- Morris James Team is Editor-In-Chief and a Co-Authors of a New ANDA Litigation Book Published by the American Bar AssociationMay 21, 2012
- Patent Infringement Damage Awards: A Business OpportunityABA Pretrial Practice & Discovery Newsletter
- ABA IP Litigation NewsletterSeptember 2011ABA IP Litigation Newsletter
- District of Delaware Amends Local Rules of Civil Practice and ProcedureMay 2010
- The Patent PowerhouseMay 2010Delaware Business Magazine
- Res Judicata: Patent Indemnitee Beware!Spring 2010ABA IP Litigation Newsletter
- Patent Damages: Is Your Expert's Royalty Really "Reasonable"?April 2010National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- ABA Intellectual Property 2010 Annual Review2010ABA Intellectual Property 2010 Annual Review
- Permanent Injunctions in Patent Cases: A Post-eBay UpdateFall 2007ABA IP Remedies Newsletter
- District of Delaware Amends Local Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure, Client Newsletter
- District Court Local Rules: A Patent World of Difference, ABA Intellectual Property Litigation Newsletter
- Coming Full Circle: District Of Delaware Issues New Opinion On Waiver Of Attorney-Client Privilege And Attorney Work Product Protection In The Context Of A Willfulness InquiryThe IP Litigator
- Coming Full Circle: District Of Delaware Issues New Opinion On Waiver Of Attorney-Client Privilege And Attorney Work Product Protection In The Context Of A Willfulness InquiryJune 1, 200410 THE IP LITIGATOR 28
- Willful Patent Infringement, Advice of Counsel, and Bifurcation: An Overview of Federal Circuit Precedent and Discussion of District Court DecisionsApril 1, 200410 THE IP LITIGATOR 2
"Put clients first, shoot straight, and respond promptly. That's how I practice law. It's the only way I know." - Kenneth Dorsney
Global Law Experts, 2013 - 2014
IP Law Experts, 2014
Chambers USA, Recognized for Intellectual Property (Up and Coming),
Law Clerk for The Honorable Mary Pat Thynge, United States Magistrate Judge, U.S.
District Court, District of Delaware
Law Clerk for The Honorable Kent A. Jordan, U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
District of Columbia, 2004
United States District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1998
University of Delaware, B.M.E., 2002
University of Delaware, B.A., 1995