Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant/Coordinator to join its plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice Group in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented self-starter who possesses a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in personal injury or medical malpractice.
This position requires an applicant have excellent computer, interpersonal, organizational, & communication (oral and written) skills. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products and proficient word processing skills is essential.
The scheduled hours for this full-time position are 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM or 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. This is a non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Prepare/format/edit/proofread legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, etc.
- Handle electronic filings via File&ServExpress, CM/ECF, and other court e-filing systems
- Respond to client phone calls and emails
- Handle all intake calls and emails from prospective clients & summarize the same so that they can be evaluated by attorneys
- Track and manage all client intakes for the department
- Enter attorneys’ time and process billing (Familiarity with Aderant Expert is a plus)
- Properly file documents into electronic management system
- Prepare conflicts of interest requests
- Open and close files
- Assist with scheduling for attorneys
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks and balance competing deadlines
- Minimum of 2-3 years' litigation and e-filing experience as a Litigation Administrative Assistant
- Ability to interact with potential and current clients as needed
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system is a plus but not necessary
- Familiarity with Needles or Neos is a plus but not necessaMorris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In addition to providing an excellent work environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, a 401(k), life/long-term disability/long-term care insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday days, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit resume and cover letter plus salary requirements & references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302.571.1750.