Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Estate Administration Paralegal to join its busy Tax, Estates & Business Practice Group. Candidate for consideration should ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience & must be detail-oriented, highly organized and looking to take on a proactive role supporting partners in our Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave.
Applicants should have a strong client-service-centered approach, excellent computer, interpersonal, organizational, & communication (oral and written) skills. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel), estate tax and fiduciary software, and proficient word processing skills are essential. Position will have flexibility to work in related areas such as estate planning to enhance overall knowledge base.
The hours for this full-time position are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm or 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with some overtime. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and draft appropriate legal documents with attorney oversight. Draft and e-file petitions to probate estates, inventories, accountings, and all documentation to administer trusts and estates
- Work closely with accountants and/or financial planners/investment brokers
- Monitor & maintain estate administration, trust administration and guardianship files
- Review estate planning documents including Wills & Trusts
- Work with the responsible attorney, manage estate and trust administration from opening to close
- Prepare & file estate tax and Pennsylvania inheritance tax returns
- Respond to client phone calls and emails; meet with clients and manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by correspondence and by telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Detail oriented self-starter with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks and balance competing deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proficiency with estate tax and fiduciary software
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system is helpful
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate
- Ability to draft documents is a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In addition to providing an excellent working environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental coverage, a 401(k), life/long-term disability/long-term care insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday days, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302-571-1750.