Morris James LLP, a leading Delaware law firm, seeks an experienced part-time Legal Administrative Assistant (Trust & Estates/Document Preparation) to work at our Sussex County office located at 19339 Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years' legal administrative document preparation experience & must possess strong word processing skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel). Familiarity with estate planning, estate administration and corporate documents is preferred. This position requires an applicant have a strong client-service-centered approach, positive attitude, and proficient word processing skills.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position (3 days/week). The hours are 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and revise appropriate legal documents with attorney oversight
- Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys, and colleagues
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Strong customer-service-oriented approach and positive attitude
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and complete them to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 3-5 years' administrative legal document preparation experience
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system is a plus
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. Interested candidates are invited to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Morris James LLP is an equal opportunity employer.