Morris James LLP seeks an experienced part-time Legal Administrative Assistant (Trust & Estates/Document Preparation) to work from one of our Sussex County offices located at either 19339 Coastal Highway in Rehoboth Beach or 107 W. Market Street in Georgetown. Applicant should have a minimum of 3-5 years' legal administrative document preparation experience & must possess strong word processing skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel). Familiarity with estate planning & estate administration documents is helpful. This position requires an applicant to have a strong client-service-centered approach, positive attitude, and proficient word processing skills.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position (2-3 days/week or maximum of 20 hours/week). The hours are 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and revise appropriate legal documents with attorney oversight
- Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys, and colleagues
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Strong customer-service-oriented approach and positive attitude
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and complete them to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 3-5 years' administrative legal document preparation experience
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system is a plus
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to email@example.com or fax to 302-571-1750.