Morris James LLP is seeking to hire a Legal Nurse Consultant/Nurse Paralegal to join its growing Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice Department in its Wilmington office. In this role, you will help investigate and evaluate potential medical malpractice cases, assist with the review and analyses of medical records and other forms of evidence, conduct medical research and analyses, provide litigation support to attorneys, and communicate with clients. Candidates should have a minimum of five years of clinical nursing experience, preferably in multiple areas of medicine, and must be detail oriented.
The scheduled hours for this full-time position are 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. This is a non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Communicate with clients
- Conduct reviews and analyses of medical records and documents
- Perform medical research, and analyze medical literature, guidelines or texts
- Prepare medical chronologies
- Compile evidence and supporting evidence for attorneys, and expert witnesses
- Support litigation as needed
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients and professionals in person, via email and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational/multi-tasking skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to work independently as appropriate and/or collaborate as a team
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience as a licensed nurse
- Nursing degree
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Morris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member, are motivated to work independently, and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In additional to providing an excellent work environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, a 401(K) Plan, Life Insurance, paid time off, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit resume, cover letter, references and salary requirement to email@example.com.