Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Litigation Administrative Assistant to join its busy Corporate/Commercial Litigation practice group in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years’ litigation and e-filing experience & must be a driven, detail-oriented self-starter who can work in a fast pace environment handling a high volume of work. This position requires an applicant to have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and proficient word processing skills.
The scheduled hours for this full-time position are 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday-Friday, with some occasional overtime. This is a non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include
- Prepare/format/edit/proofread legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, etc.
- Handle electronic filings via File&ServExpress, CM/ECF
- Respond to client phone calls and emails
- Enter attorneys’ time and process billing (Familiarity with Aderant Expert is a plus)
- Properly file documents into electronic management system
- Prepare conflicts of interest requests
- Open and close files
- Assist with overflow work when schedule/workload permits
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks and balance competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5 years' litigation and e-filing experience as a Litigation Administrative Assistant
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines
Qualified Candidates Contact Us Today
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In addition to providing an excellent working environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental coverage, a 401(k), life/long-term disability/long-term care insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday days, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to email@example.com or fax to 302-571-1750.
Corporate/Commercial Litigation Team
Lewis Lazarus, Litigation Department Chair
Albert Carroll, Partner
Clark Collins, Partner
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Fiduciary Litigation
LLC, LP, Partnership Litigation
Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection
Director of Human Resources