Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Litigation Administrative Assistant to join its busy Corporate/Commercial Litigation Practice Group in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of litigation and e-filing experience & must be a driven, detail-oriented self-starter who can work in a fast pace environment handling a high volume of work. This position requires an applicant to have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products and proficient word processing skill is essential.
The scheduled hours for this full-time position are 9:00 a.m.- 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional overtime. This is a non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare/format/edit/proofread legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, etc.
- Handle electronic filings via File&ServExpress, CM/ECF
- Respond to client phone calls and emails
- Enter attorneys’ time and process billing (Familiarity with Aderant Expert is a plus)
- Properly file documents into the electronic management system
- Prepare conflicts of interest requests
- Open and close files
- Assist with overflow work when schedule/workload permits
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and by telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with an ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks and balance competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5 years of litigation and e-filing experience as a Litigation Administrative Assistant;
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Worksite/iManage or similar document management system
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines
Morris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In addition to providing an excellent work environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, a 401(k), life/long-term disability/long-term care insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday days, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit resume and cover letter plus salary requirements & references to email@example.com or fax to 302-571-1750.
Corporate/Commercial Litigation Team
Lewis Lazarus, Litigation Department Chair
Albert Carroll, Partner
John Noble, Partner
Barnaby Grzaslewicz, Associate
Samuel Bashman, Associate
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Fiduciary Litigation
LLC, LP, Partnership Litigation
Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection
Director of Human Resources