Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Personal Injury/Workers’ Compensation Paralegal to join its plaintiffs’ practice. We encourage applicants statewide to apply since accommodations can be made for a new hire to work out of our New Castle, Kent or Sussex County offices.
Applicants should have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience & must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can work under pressure & prioritize/handle a high volume of cases. While a bilingual skill (English/Spanish) is a plus, it is not necessary.
The scheduled hours for this full-time position are 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional overtime. This is a non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys with all aspects of personal injury & workers’ compensation matters from the initial client contact to settlement of case
- Meet with clients and manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality
- Respond to client phone calls and emails
- Prepare and draft appropriate legal documents with attorney oversight
- Coordinate available benefits/payments of medical bills and related expenses
- Prepare client distributions, verifying parties receive appropriate compensation
- Adhere to all time critical case milestones and due dates
- Assist with preparation of correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, insurance companies, expert witnesses, and the Court
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with various doctors’ offices
- Organize documentation for court hearings, arbitrations, and trials.
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and complete them to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience as a personal injury/workers’ compensation paralegal
- Must possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Desksite/iManage or similar document management system is helpful
- Familiarity with Needles is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate is a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. In addition to providing an excellent working environment, we offer a competitive salary, medical/dental coverage, a 401(k), life/long-term disability/long-term care insurance, paid vacation/sick/holiday days, and more.
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302-571-1750.