Morris James LLP, a leading Delaware law firm, seeks a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join its Personal Injury Practice Group in its Newark, Delaware office. The ideal candidate is a friendly and professional individual who will provide a positive impression of the firm when interacting with clients/guests both on the telephone and in person. This position requires an applicant to have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and proficiency in word processing. Additionally, this office interacts with a significant number of bilingual (English/Spanish-speaking) clients.
The hours for this position are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. This is a full-time, in-person, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet clients, guests, and vendors and contact the appropriate attorney, paralegal, legal assistant accordingly
- Answer telephone; screen and direct calls; take and relay messages to appropriate attorney, paralegal, or legal assistant
- Records and medical billing collection including obtaining police reports and dispositions
- Provide general clerical support; scan medical records to paralegals, retrieve faxes, scan, copy, and email documents
- Ensure reception area and conference rooms are neat and presentable with appropriate materials/supplies
- Receive and sort daily mail and deliveries
- Assist with ordering office supplies
- Assist attorneys and colleagues as needed
- Assemble new client packets, create settlement bags
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational/multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a receptionist/administrative assistant in a legal or professional services firm
- Must be computer savvy and possess strong word processing skills with proficiency in Microsoft 365 products (Word, Outlook)
- Professional appearance and friendly disposition
Morris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position. Interested candidates are invited to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement directly to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Morris James LLP is an equal opportunity employer.