About This Blog
Summaries and analysis of recent Delaware court decisions concerning business-related litigation.
- Chancery Refuses to Order Specific Performance Due to Inaccurate Representations and Warranties
- Supreme Court Affirms Court of Chancery’s Decision Directing “Long Dark” Company to Produce Books and Records to a Stockholder Free of Confidentiality Restrictions
- Chancery Approves Reduced Fee Award for Derivative Settlement Based on Therapeutic Benefits
- February 19, 2021
- October 30, 2020
- October 9, 2023
Morris James Blogs
Court Of Chancery Awards Fees For Contempt
This is an interesting decision for its explanation of the criteria the Court will consider in reviewing a fee application. The Court held that when the fee award is under the terms of a contract, then the primary criteria is to make the applicant whole for the fees it paid. Of course, the fees must still be reasonable.
- US News Best Law Firms
- JD Supra Readers Choice Award
- Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Super Lawyers