About This Blog
Summaries and analysis of recent Delaware court decisions concerning business-related litigation.
- Chancery Finds Plaintiff Failed To State A Non-Exculpated Claim Against Special Committee Defendants In Complaint Challenging A Merger
- Chancery Finds Stockholder Conferred a Substantial Corporate Benefit by Challenging the Joint Vote of Two Classes of Common Stock under Section 242(b)(2) of the DGCL
- Court of Chancery Awards Plaintiffs Attorneys’ Fees and Costs in Section 225 Action for Obtaining a Substantial Benefit for the Corporation and its Stockholders
Morris James Blogs
Court Of Chancery Limits Third Party Discovery
By Morris James LLP on May 15, 2013
Posted In Discovery
In re: El Paso Partners LP Derivative Litigation, C.A. 7141-CS (Transcript, April 15, 2013)
This decision discusses when discovery from a third party not involved in the transaction under attack in the litigation is justified. In part, the Court denied the discovery because it was not convinced the information to be obtained would be all that helpful in the litigation.
- US News Best Law Firms
- JD Supra Readers Choice Award
- Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Super Lawyers