Morris James LLP seeks a Marketing & Business Development Coordinator to work alongside the firm's Director of Client Relations in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The hours for this full-time position are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with overtime.
This position will support the marketing, business development, and communications efforts of the firm, multiple practice groups, and five satellite offices. The coordinator will oversee the day-to-day tasks of the marketing department as well as assigned projects and activities, and deadlines associated with each project.
The position requires a proactive individual with the ability to prioritize under tight deadlines. The candidate will possess proven oral and written communication skills, as well as analytical and interpersonal skills. Previous legal marketing or professional service firm experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or English major is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Handle day-to-day tasks of the Department and Practice Groups
- Help attorneys and Practice Groups execute business plans
- Look for collaboration opportunities among groups
- Draft, edit and publish website and blog updates
- Drive social media campaigns to highlight practices in key markets
- Prepare presentation materials, newsletters, and alerts
- Create, update and maintain firm databases
- Manage firm sponsorships
- Manage various client events and sponsorship tables
- Assist attorneys in preparing for conferences
- Write press releases and website and social media content
- General proof-reading of marketing materials
- Purchasing, billing, and tracking supplies
- Perform basic market research
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge Adobe Suite
- Up-to-date on current marketing technology
- Social media expertise required
- Knowledge of search engine optimization programs and associated tasks
- Familiarity with legal and marketing research
- Ability or willingness to understand the legal business environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually with little to no supervision
- Proven oral and written communication skills; Writing sample required
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects/tasks simultaneously and complete them under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidential information
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or English major is preferred
- Previous legal marketing or professional service firm experience is a plus
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary with occasional travel to satellite offices or off-site events
- Proficient with Adobe Design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Pro, Rush, and Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Graphic design for updating ads & other communication material
- May be able to retrieve and distribute files, documents, or office supplies weighing up to 15 pounds
Morris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position.
Qualified applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, design sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302-571-1750.