Andrew B. Wilson is an associate and legislative specialist in Morris James' Health Care Industry and Government Relations Groups. Andrew works on a range of healthcare issues throughout the practice of medicine, assisting clinicians, practices, and other entities through licensing questions, regulatory compliance, and generally how to grow their practices.
Andrew understands that clients may encounter areas of the law where the system is either out of date or didn’t account for a client’s situation. He works with those clients to see if their barriers can be overcome through legislative and regulatory change. By working directly with key officials in the executive and legislative branches to implement policy changes – guided by his experience helping make the Medical Society of Delaware and its many physician members the fourth most legislatively-productive group in Delaware – clients can succeed in Delaware.
After graduating with his Juris Doctor from Albany Law School in 2010 and before moving to Delaware, Andrew worked as Counsel and Policy Analyst to members of the New York State Senate. He produced legislation, committee reports, and staffed press conferences on a weekly basis, addressing time-sensitive public policy issues. He also served as Counsel and Clerk to the New York State Senate Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, where his duties included running committee meetings and hearings, creating policy, acting as agency point person, and bill tracking and analysis.
Additionally, Andrew has developed extensive knowledge of political campaigns in Delaware, working in a range of roles from volunteer to statewide Campaign Manager.
- House Bill 69, AN ACT RELATING TO TELEMEDICINE SERVICES (Expanded telehealth delivery to health professions in Delaware and created insurance payment parity), signed into law July 7, 2015.
- House Bill 70, AN ACT RELATING TO MIDWIFERY (Created a new profession of licensed midwifery), signed into law June 9, 2015.
- Senate Bill 101, AN ACT RELATING TO NURSING (Modernized the code in relation to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses), signed into law September 3, 2015.
- Senate Joint Resolution 10, ESTABLISHING A JOINT EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE TASK FORCE TO STUDY AND MAKE FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING A UNIFIED STRATEGY TO COMBAT LYME DISEASE, signed into law July 21, 2014.
- House Bill 88, AN ACT RELATING TO POSSESSION OF DEADLY WEAPONS BY PERSONS PROHIBITED AND TO HEALTH AND SAFETY (Restricted gun ownership by persons with propensities for violence), defeated in Senate 2014.
- Senate Bill 116, AN ACT RELATING TO SEEKING HELP FOR AN ALCOHOL OR DRUG OVERDOSE OR OTHER LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY (Created a safe harbor for reporting overdose victims), signed into law July 2, 2013.
- Delaware, Our Region, Our Nation, and Patient Centered Medical Home, Medical Society, June 2013.
- The New York State “Card Hard Campaign”: New York State’s Efforts to Curb the Use of Fake IDs, New York State Senate, May 2012.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Substance Abuse Treatment Under Rockefeller Drug Law Reform, New York State Senate, February 2012.
- Asthma Prevention and Management in Bronx, New York City and New York State at Large, New York State Senate, July 2011.
- Where We Stand in the Wake of the Supreme Court’s Decision: American Electric Power Co. v. Connecticut, THE NEW YORK ENVIRONMENTAL LAWYER, Fall 2011.
- Expansion of New York State’s Risk Assessment and Management Activities, New York State Senate, March 2011.
- Delaware State Bar Association, Associate Member, 2013 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2017 – Present
- American Society of Medical Association Counsel, 2015 – Present
Articles & Publications
- October 18, 2017The News Journal
- May 18, 2017
- December 7, 2016Winter 2016
Latest Blog Posts
- Healthcare Tops the Charts for Lobbying Activity in Delaware
- DELAWARE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY UPDATE - JULY 2017 A. Kimberly Hoffman, Joshua H. Meyeroff, Andrew B. Wilson
- Marijuana is in the spotlight in Delaware and the question is here: should Delaware legalize?
Delaware Healthcare Industry Blog
News & Events
News & Events
- November 1, 2017
- October 19, 2017
- April 2, 2017
- December 29, 2016
- Delaware Telehealth Coalition, Steering Committee, 2015 – Present
- Wilmington Democratic Party, Vice Chair, 2017 – Present
- Democratic Party 4th Ward Committee, Secretary, 2015 – 2017
- Network Delaware, Coach, 2016 – Present
- Metropolitan Urban League Young Professionals, Member, 2015 – Present
- Planned Parenthood Delaware, Board Secretary, 2015 – Present
- Common Cause Delaware, Board Member, 2014 – Present
- HJR 17 Committee, Criminal Intersection Subcommittee, 2013 – 2014
- Editor-in-Chief of the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology
- Gary M. Peck ’79 Memorial Prize in Environmental Law
- TEDx Speaker 2017: Telemedicine
- Delaware Today® Top Lawyer, 2017 (Healthcare)
New York, 2011
Albany Law School, J,D., cum laude, 2010
St. Lawrence University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006