Brett D. Fallon has over 30 years of litigation experience in all Delaware Courts. His record includes a list of almost 100 published court decisions indexed by Lexis or Westlaw, including many seminal issues in bankruptcy and corporate law.
Brett represents the full range of parties in bankruptcy proceedings and litigates complex commercial disputes in the Court of Chancery, Superior Court, and the United States District Court. In his bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice, Brett represents debtors, creditors’ committees, debtor-in-possession lenders, debtor officers and directors, vendors (including extensive reclamation and 503(b)(9) experience), landlords, tenants, equipment lessors, insurance companies, and parties purchasing assets out of bankruptcy. He has deep experience with preference and fraudulent transfer litigation matters, as well as receiverships.
In his corporate and commercial litigation practice, he represents directors, shareholders and financial advisors in class and derivative actions, joint venturers, stockholders seeking stock lists and information, and a wide variety of parties in commercial disputes.
- Representation of Director in class and derivative action challenging a $300 million investment of preferred stock
- Representation of corporate asbestos defendants in bankruptcy cases
- Representation of a parties regarding dissolution of joint venture
- Representation of a professional in the landmark Delaware case refusing to recognize the elusive tort of deepening insolvency under Delaware law
- Representation of a stockholder seeking to compel an annual meeting
Delaware State Bar Association, Former Executive Committee Member
American Bar Association, Former Business Law Section Fellow and Frequent Speaker
American Bar Association, Newsletter Subcommittee, Editor In Chief
American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
American Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Barrister
American Bankruptcy Institute Mid – Atlantic Bankruptcy Conference Advisory Board
TMIP Participants v. DSW Group Holdings LLC, Medtronic Vascular, Inc.
Obtained court orders to compel mandatory arbitration
Gellert v. Coltec Industries
Obtained dismissal of preference action
Ia re FKF Madison Partners
Obtained TRO regarding unauthorized Chapter 11 filing
Green v. Locate Plus Holdings Corp.
Obtained dismissal of shareholder action
Trenwick America Litigation Trust v. Ernst & Young, L.L.P.
Landmark case refusing to recognize deepening insolvency under Delaware law
Pre-Petition Committee of Select Asbestos Claimants v. Combustion Engineering
Successful defense of trustee on motion for temporary restraining order
Atlantic Marine, Inc. v. American Classic Voyages Co.
Obtained reversal of order denying arbitration
Articles & Publications
News & Events
News & Events
- May 26, 2017Chambers USA
- August 16, 2016Best Lawyers®
- May 27, 2016Chambers USA
- May 26, 2016
- May 19, 2015
- May 23, 2014
- May 29, 2013Chambers USA
- February 12, 2013Delaware Law Weekly
- June 4, 2012
- June 16, 2010
- Brett D. Fallon Selected as a Leading Lawyer by PLC's Cross-border Restructuring and Insolvency Handbook 2009/10April 6, 2009
- Brett D. Fallon Appointed to Chair Subcommittee of the American Bar Association's Business Law SectionApril 25, 2008
Chambers USA - Recognized for Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2010-2017
Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Rating
Best Lawyers® 2017-2018
Administrative Editor, Law & Contemporary Problems
Phi Beta Kappa
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Duke University Law School, J.D., With Honors, 1986
Duke University, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1983