The use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques has continued to expand as clients look for ways to save time and money when resolving their disputes. Recognizing that value, Morris James continues to be a pioneer in the use of ADR:
- The Chairs of our Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice, John W. Noble and Charles H. Toliver, IV, are former Judges.
- One of our attorneys was a principal drafter of the Delaware Voluntary Mediation Act.
- Morris James serves as mediation coordinating counsel for all states east of the Mississippi for a Fortune 100 client.
- Several of our attorneys are certified as mediators by the Delaware Superior Court and the American Bar Association.
Several of our attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury actions. These attorneys spend a significant amount of their time serving as arbitrators in binding and nonbinding proceedings and as mediators in all types of tort claims.
Our attorneys are experienced in all forms of ADR, including mediation, arbitration, and mini-trials, for a wide range of personal injury and consumer disputes. We have experience with mediation of automobile accidents, premises liability, products liability and professional negligence, construction, sexual harassment, and other disputes brought by or against individuals.
- We are intimately familiar with the Court of Common Pleas, with the ADR procedures in the Superior Court and the United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Indeed, several of our attorneys have played a role in developing these procedures.
We have the breadth of experience to assist clients in the alternative resolution of essentially any type of dispute, and the knowledge to recommend the most effective strategies during all stages of arbitration and negotiation.
- September 14, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- November 4, 2016
- February 29, 2016
- January 23, 2014Delaware Super Lawyers®
- January 1, 2013
- August 30, 2012
- June 4, 2012