The use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques in litigation is growing as clients look for ways to save time and money when resolving their disputes. Recognizing that value, Morris James continues to pioneer the use of ADR in litigation.
Our mediators and arbitrators have the breadth of experience to assist clients in the alternative resolution of a broad range of disputes, as well as the knowledge to recommend the most effective strategies during all stages of arbitration and negotiation. We counsel litigators through settlement negotiations related to automobile accidents, premises liability, products liability, professional negligence, construction, and sexual harassment.
- The Chairs of our ADR practice are John W. Noble, who served as a Vice Chancellor on the Court of Chancery for 16 years.
- One of our attorneys served as a principal drafter of the Delaware Voluntary Alternative Dispute Resolution Act.
- Morris James serves as mediation coordinating counsel for all states east of the Mississippi for a Fortune 100 client.
- Several of our attorneys are certified mediators by the Delaware Superior Court and the American Bar Association.
- Our attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury actions and spend significant time serving as arbitrators in binding and nonbinding proceedings and as mediators in all types of tort claims.
- We are intimately familiar with the ADR procedures for the Delaware and federal courts, including the Court of Common Pleas,Superior Court and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. Indeed, several of our attorneys have played a role in developing these procedures.
- November 5, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- September 14, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- November 4, 2016
- February 29, 2016
- January 23, 2014Delaware Super Lawyers®
- January 1, 2013
Latest Blog Posts
- Why should I hire an attorney?
- What is Gross Negligence?
- How long do I have to file a claim in a personal injury lawsuit?
- Four Key Aspects of a Personal Injury Case
- What is a settlement and what are some of the pros and cons of accepting one?
- Who pays my bills/lost wages?
- For what might I be able to seek financial compensation?
- How is an award or settlement determined in a personal injury case?
- View More