Associates and law students are drawn to Morris James because of the firm's environment of mutual respect, which promotes mentoring, and skill development. The size of the firm is also advantageous to new attorneys who want the opportunity to take on significant responsibility at an early stage and to build strong mentor relationships.
Summer Associates Program
Current 2L or 1L students, we want to help you navigate your career and expose you to the law in Delaware! As a firm, Morris James is committed to mentoring, supporting, and aiding the development of the upcoming generation within the legal profession. We want to see highly-skilled and diverse talent in our Delaware legal communities. Our Summer Associate program provides exposure to a variety of practice areas. We are looking for academically strong law student candidates who are curious and passionate about the practice of law and seek to understand and achieve client goals
The Summer Associate Will:
- Be assigned a mentor for the duration of the program.
- Receive substantive work assignments from various practice groups.
- Be provided with purposeful, constructive feedback on assignments.
- Attend programs to assist in their professional development.
- Participate in Firm social events and activities with Morris James Associates and Partners.
Our Core Competencies
- Clear thinking
- Resourceful problem-solver
- Diligence and initiative
- Collegial and team-oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills that display humility and positivity
- Persuasive writing that displays sound legal reasoning and the ability to evaluate arguments
- Integrity, honesty, and respectfulness
- A sincere interest in practicing law in Delaware