Eric Hacker helps businesses and individuals with a broad range of Delaware legal matters. He practices primarily within the firm's Business Litigation and Business Law Counseling groups.
As a litigator, Eric handles both trials and appeals. He regularly assists clients in the Court of Chancery and the Delaware Supreme Court. Eric has helped clients with numerous issues, from corporate governance disputes to land use litigation to administrative agency actions. He has particular experience with disputes that cross multiple legal jurisdictions.
Eric also helps clients structure their business and personal relationships to avoid disputes and litigation. He counsels clients regarding business structures and agreements, and he advises clients on best practices.
Prior to joining Morris James, Eric had positions at a global law firm, as well as at state and federal agencies. Eric also interned with the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and clerked for the Delaware Family Court.
In addition to his regular practice, Eric also participates in numerous pro bono and educational activities. He represents pro bono clients through Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, and he serves as an attorney guardian ad litem through the Office of the Child Advocate. Eric teaches law courses as an adjunct with Delaware Technical & Community College and coaches the award-winning Sussex Central High School Mock Trial team. Each year, Eric also serves as an arbitrator and briefing judge for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
Delaware Community Legal Aid Society, Inc., Board of Directors, 2017 - present
Latest Blog Posts
- Chancery Holds Tension Between “Bespoke” Provision Governing Post-Closing Conduct and a Boilerplate Survival Clause Requires Consideration of Parol Evidence
- Advancement Available for Post-Separation Misuse of Confidential Information Obtained “By Reason of the Fact” of Corporate Service
- Delaware Supreme Court Revives Fiduciary Duty Claims in Derivative Lawsuit Concerning Blue Bell’s Listeria Outbreak
- Officer and Director Entitled to Mandatory Indemnification Regardless of Circuitous Path to Victory
- Merger Agreement’s Preservation of Privilege for Pre-Merger Communications Found to be Adequate, Notwithstanding that the Surviving Company Took Possession of E-Mails
- Chancery Addresses Valuation Issues Arising From LLC Member’s Withdrawal
- Decade-long Failure to Pursue Claim for Founder’s Shares Results in Laches Dismissal
Delaware Business Litigation Report
News & Events
News & Events
- March 13, 2017Sussex County Post, March 10, 2017
- March 8, 2016
- June 4, 2015
Emory University School of Law
- Emory Moot Court Society, Special Teams, 2007-2009
Judicial Law Clerk for the Family Court of the State of Delaware
Litigation Intern for the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection
Judicial Intern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge Judith K. Guthrie
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Bucerlus Law School, Hamburg, Germany, 2008
University of North Texas, B.A., cum laude, 2004