Eric Hacker helps businesses and individuals with a broad range of Delaware legal matters. He practices primarily within the firm's Business Litigation and Business Law Counseling groups.
As a litigator, Eric handles both trials and appeals. He regularly assists clients in the Court of Chancery and the Delaware Supreme Court. Eric has helped clients with numerous issues, from corporate governance disputes to land use litigation to administrative agency actions. He has particular experience with disputes that cross multiple legal jurisdictions.
Eric also helps clients structure their business and personal relationships to avoid disputes and litigation. He counsels clients regarding business structures and agreements, and he advises clients on best practices.
Prior to joining Morris James, Eric had positions at a global law firm, as well as at state and federal agencies. Eric also interned with the US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas and clerked for the Delaware Family Court.
In addition to his regular practice, Eric also participates in numerous pro bono and educational activities. He represents pro bono clients through Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, and he serves as an attorney guardian ad litem through the Office of the Child Advocate. Eric teaches law courses as an adjunct with Delaware Technical & Community College and coaches the award-winning Sussex Central High School Mock Trial team. Each year, Eric also serves as an arbitrator and briefing judge for the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
Delaware Community Legal Aid Society, Inc., Board of Directors, 2017 - present
Latest Blog Posts
- Chancery Holds California Statutory Bar to Choice-of-Forum Clauses in Employment Contracts Prevents Exercise of Personal Jurisdiction – Despite Parties’ Choice of Delaware Law and Agreement to Litigate in Delaware
- Chancery Invokes Internal Affairs Doctrine to Dismiss Dispute Over Former Delaware Corporation Brought Over Two Years After Its Migration to Nevada
- Superior Court Rejects Insurers’ Motions to Dismiss Coverage Dispute Based upon Ripeness and Lack of Personal Jurisdiction
- Superior Court Dismisses Successor-by-Merger’s Claims Where Underlying Contract Contained Anti-Assignment Clause
- Chancery Dismisses Claim for Breach of Fiduciary Duty Where Parties’ Commercial Relationship Was One of Ordinary Care
- Chancery Rejects Bid to Jettison USACafes and its Holding That, Absent Agreement to the Contrary, the Controllers of a Corporate General Partner Owe Fiduciary Duties
- Chancery Denies Books and Records Request From Indirect LLC Interest Holder That Assigned its Rights Prior to the Demand and the Action
- Delaware Supreme Court Holds That Limited Partnership Agreement That Includes Certain Books and Records Language From Section 17-305 of Limited Partnership Act Does Not Automatically Incorporate Judicial Interpretations of Section 17-305
- View More
Delaware Business Litigation Report
Delaware Healthcare Industry Blog
News & Events
News & Events
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- March 13, 2017Sussex County Post, March 10, 2017
Delaware Today Top Lawyers, 2019-2020 (Appellate)
Emory University School of Law
- Emory Moot Court Society, Special Teams, 2007-2009
Judicial Law Clerk for the Family Court of the State of Delaware
Litigation Intern for the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection
Judicial Intern for the Honorable Magistrate Judge Judith K. Guthrie
Emory University School of Law, JD, 2009
Bucerlus Law School, Hamburg, Germany, 2008
University of North Texas, BA, cum laude, 2004