Jason Levin counsels clients on commercial bankruptcy, restructuring, and insolvency matters. Jason, working in- and out-of-court, represents a wide array of stakeholders, including Chapter 11 debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, financial institutions, and asset purchasers.
Prior to joining Morris James, Jason worked as a restructuring associate for a global law firm’s Wilmington office, as well as in-house for a boutique accounting firm concentrating on escheat and unclaimed property. Jason also served as a law clerk to The Honorable Kevin Gross, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
Jason frequently writes on issues relating to bankruptcy and policy, having published articles for the American Bankruptcy Law Journal, American Bankruptcy Institute, and other publications. In law school, Jason served as an Associate Editor of the Michigan Journal of International Law.
- Counseling official committees of unsecured creditors and equity committees
- Advising indenture trustees, agents, and lending groups in restructurings
- Advising prospective purchasers in Section 363 asset sales, including stalking horse purchasers in sale transactions and auctions
- Advising and representing managers and members of Delaware limited liability companies regarding disputes and dissolution
- Representing debtors in gaining use of cash collateral, obtaining DIP financing, and restructuring debt
- Assisting secured creditors seeking to enforce rights against debtors, including through foreclosure, liens, and replevin
- Advising clients in complex cross-border insolvency and asset recovery issues
- Advising and representing municipalities and governmental entities in restructurings
American Bankruptcy Institute
Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
Delaware State Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Law Clerk for The Honorable Kevin Gross, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
New York, 2018
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
University of Michigan Law School, Magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2017
University of Michigan School of Social Work, M.S.W., 2013
Tulane University, B.A., Religious Studies, 2011