Susan D. Ament chairs the workers' compensation practice and is a partner of the personal injury practice. She has more than 36 years of experience handling automobile and work-related accident claims.
Susan represents clients injured at work and in serious automobile accidents in their claims against insurance companies. Over the years, Susan has found that many clients do not understand the crucial need to have adequate automobile insurance coverage in the event of a serious accident. Susan educates her clients regarding personal injury and workers' compensation law every day in her practice, and in seminars that she presents throughout the year.
- Delaware Superior Court cases
- Claims heard before the State of Delaware Industrial Accident Board
- Mediation Hearings
- Family Court (Guardian ad litem representation)
- Disputes before the State of Delaware Insurance Commissioner Arbitration Panel
Delaware State Bar Association
Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Delaware Bar Foundation, Former Board Member
The Office of the Child Advocate, Guardian ad litem attorney on behalf of abused and neglected children
American Bar Association for Justice
Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, Former Associate
Randy J. Holland Delaware Worker’s Compensation Inn of Court, Member
Carpenter-Walsh Delaware Pro Bono Inn of Court, Member
- Obtained a settlement of $500,000 for an automobile accident
Successfully negotiated a structured settlement in 2020 for $750,000
Obtained a settlement of $320,000 for an automobile accident
Successfully negotiated a settlement this year for $380,000
Latest Blog Posts
- What is Products Liability?
- You Have Been Hurt in a Trucking Accident. What’s Next? Do You Need a Lawyer?
- You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident. Now What?
- What Should You Do if You are Injured by a Dog Bite in Delaware?
- What are My Chances of Winning a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
- What is Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
- Wrongful Death FAQs
- Navigating Legal Needs Following an Automobile Accident
- View More
Delaware Injury Law Blog
Videos & Podcasts
News & Events
News & Events
- October 26, 2021
- First Florida Tuberculosis-Tainted Surgical Case Among the Latest Filed Against Aziyo Biologics, Inc.July 2, 2021
- June 19, 2021Washington Post
- June 17, 2021Delaware Law Weekly
- October 22, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- October 22, 2018Delaware Today Magazine November 2018
- April 5, 2017
- September 17, 2015
Bishop W. Francis Malooly, Lay Advisory Committee Member
Sojourners’ Place, Former Chair, Board of Directors
Catholic Diocese Foundation, Board Member
Catholic Ministry to the Elderly, Board of Directors
River Tower at Christina Landing Condominium Council, Past President
Philippine-American Association of Delaware, Honorary Member
St. Thomas More Society, Board of Directors
The University & Whist Club, Formerly Board of Directors
Bayard House, Past President of the Board of Directors
The Little Italy Neighborhood Association Phase II, Formerly Board of Directors
Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Tort Law, 2018, 2020 - Present, (Top Vote Getter - 2018)
- Workers Compensation for Employee, 2018 - 2019
Office of Child Advocate 10 Year Service Award, March 2014
Delaware Volunteer Legal Services Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2009
Jefferson Award for Public Service, Nominee, 2007
St. Thomas More Society, Msgr. Paul Taggart Award, 2007
Catholic Charities Award, 2007
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 1984
U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
Widener University Delaware Law School, J.D., 1982
University of Delaware, B.A., 1979