Jeffrey R. Waxman is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group of Morris James. Jeff represents debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, official committees of equity holders, secured creditors, plan administrators, liquidating trustees, purchasers of assets, and a wide variety of creditor constituencies and interested parties in Chapter 11 cases. Jeff also represents Chapter 7 trustees, and plaintiffs and defendants in bankruptcy-related preference and fraudulent transfer litigation.
Prior to entering private practice, Jeff served as law clerk to The Honorable Mary F. Walrath, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware, and to The Honorable Michael J. Kaplan, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York.
Jeff co-chairs Morris James’ Small Businesses and Start-Ups Group which provides a full range of legal services to assist small business owners to organize and transition their ideas to full-fledged businesses. The practice focuses on addressing issues that are of particular concern to entrepreneurs including initial corporate governance, employment, financing, tax issues, and liquidity.
DSBA Bankruptcy Section, Co-Chair
ABI Southeast Conference, Board Member
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
American Bankruptcy Institute
Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
Co-Counsel to Angel Medical Systems, Inc., Chapter 11 Debtor
Representing Construction Lienholder Group in bankruptcy cases of M&G USA Corp., et al.
Counsel to Morris Schneider Wittstadt, LLC, et al., seven related debtors in Chapter 11
- Co-Counsel Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Sungevity Inc., et al
- Co-Counsel Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Vertellus Specialties Inc., et al
- Co-Counsel The Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in AmCad Holdings, LLC
- Counsel in The Play, Inc., Debtor, in Chapter 11
- Co-Counsel to The Official Committee of Noteholders in Edgenet, Inc.
- Counsel to The Official Committee of Equity Security Holders in the case of MiddleBrook Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Counsel to The Official Creditors’ Committee and Liquidation Trustee in the case of MaxJet Airways, Inc.
- Counsel to significant creditor and plan proponent in Dvorkin Holdings, LLC
- Counsel to a secured lender who successfully opposed a Chapter 11 debtor’s proposed plan of reorganization
- Counsel to the largest unsecured creditor and party to the plan support agreement in the case of UniTek Global Services
- Counsel to a general contractor for multiple projects in connection with an insolvent subcontractor
- Counsel to a landlord of multiple locations in a chain of lube-and-tune stores in Chapter 11
- Counsel to foreign representatives of a liquidating bankruptcy estate
- Counsel to multiple suppliers in the case of AWI Delaware, Inc.
- Counsel to multiple governmental entities, including a state, cities, school districts, and taxing entities, in various bankruptcy proceedings, including avoidance actions and other adversary proceedings, lease issues, and claims litigation
Articles & Publications
- March 2015American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- March 2014American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- Ninth Circuit Reverses § 524(g) Plan Confirmation, Upholds Injunction of Insurer Contribution RightsJanuary 6, 2014American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- September 7, 2012American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
Latest Blog Posts
Delaware Business Bankruptcy Report
News & Events
News & Events
- May 7, 2019
- April 26, 2019Chambers USA
- February 12, 2019Law360
- January 9, 2019Law360
- January 8, 2019Law360
- Jeffrey R. Waxman, Counsel to the Alleged Victims of Harvey Weinstein, was Quoted in Law360, Bloomberg and Variety MagazineJune 6, 2018Law360, Bloomberg, Variety Magazine
- November 1, 2017
- October 26, 2015
- April 2, 2009
Board Member, SODAT Delaware, Inc.
Chambers USA, 2019 Recognized Practioner in Bankruptcy Restructuring
Delaware Today® "Top Lawyers," 2015, 2017
Recipient of ABI Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy
Order of the Barristers
The Honorable Mary F. Walrath, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
The Honorable Michael J. Kaplan, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1998
Temple University, B.A., 1995