Jeff Waxman represents debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, official committees of equity holders, secured creditors, plan administrators, liquidating trustees, purchasers of assets, and a wide variety of creditor constituencies and interested parties in Chapter 11 cases. Jeff also represents Chapter 7 trustees, and plaintiffs, and defendants in bankruptcy-related preference and fraudulent transfer litigation.
Prior to entering private practice, Jeff served as a law clerk to The Honorable Mary F. Walrath, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware, and to The Honorable Michael J. Kaplan, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York.
Jeff co-chairs Morris James’ Small Businesses and Start-Ups Group which provides a full range of legal services to assist small business owners to organize and transition their ideas to full-fledged businesses. The practice focuses on addressing issues that are of particular concern to entrepreneurs including initial corporate governance, employment, financing, tax issues, and liquidity.
DSBA Bankruptcy Section, Past-Chair
ABI Southeast Conference, Board Member
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
American Bankruptcy Institute
Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Counsel to Surefunding LLC, Chapter 11 Debtor
- Counsel to Masten Space System, LLC, Chapter 11 Debtor
- Co-counsel to Olympia Sports Acquisitions, LLC, et al., Chapter 11 Debtors
- Co-counsel to Lear Capital, Inc., Chapter 11 (subchapter v) Debtor
- Co-counsel to Agway Farm & Home Supply, LLC, Chapter 11 Debtor
- Counsel to Punch Bowl Social, et al. (PBS BrandCo LLC), Chapter 11 Debtors
- Co-Counsel to Sugarfina, et al., Chapter 11 Debtors
- Counsel to Morris Schneider Wittstadt, LLC, et al., Chapter 11 Debtors
- Co-Counsel to Angel Medical Systems, Inc., Chapter 11 Debtor
Creditors’ Committee Representations
- Co-counsel to Official Committee of Committee of DCL Holdings (USA), Inc. et al.
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Committee and Liquidation Trustee in PQ New York, et al.
- Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Loot Crate, Inc.
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in EHT US1, et al.
- Co-Counsel to Ad Hoc Committee of Talc Litigation Claimants in Imerys, et al.
- Co-Counsel to Governmental Plaintiff Ad Hoc Committee in Mallinckrodt, plc, et al.
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Vertellus Specialties Inc., et al
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and Liquidation Trustee in Maines Paper & Food, et al
- Counsel to Construction Lienholder Group in M&G USA Corp., et al.
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Sungevity Inc., et al
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in AmCad Holdings, LLC, et al.
- Co-Counsel to Official Committee of Noteholders in Edgenet, Inc.
- Counsel to Official Committee of Equity Security Holders in the case of MiddleBrook Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Other Significant Representations
- Counsel to Westlake Hospital, Chapter 7 Debtor
- Counsel to ENeura, Chapter 7 Debtor
- Counsel to Isnak, Chapter 7 Debtor
- Counsel to the largest creditor in Patriiot Credit Company LLC bankruptcy cases
- Co-counsel to class action claimants in Weinstein Companies
- Co-counsel to class claimants in Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Co-counsel to multiple members of the Creditors Committee in Boy Scouts of America
- Counsel to the largest unsecured creditor and two members of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Forever 21.
- Counsel to significant creditor and plan proponent in Dvorkin Holdings, LLC
- Counsel to a general contractor for multiple projects in connection with an insolvent subcontractor
- Counsel to a landlord of multiple locations in a chain of lube-and-tune stores in Chapter 11
- Counsel to foreign representatives of a liquidating bankruptcy estate
- Counsel to multiple governmental entities, including a state, cities, school districts, and taxing entities, in various bankruptcy proceedings, including avoidance actions and other adversary proceedings, lease issues, and claims litigation
- Counsel to member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Hexion Holdings, LLC
Articles & Publications
- May 2020DSBA Bar Journal
- March 2015American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- March 2014American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- Ninth Circuit Reverses § 524(g) Plan Confirmation, Upholds Injunction of Insurer Contribution RightsJanuary 6, 2014American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- September 7, 2012American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
- March 2012American Bankruptcy Institute Journal
Videos & Podcasts
News & Events
News & Events
- June 1, 2023
- April 28, 2023
- February 22, 2023
- July 20, 2022
- June 2, 2022
- October 26, 2021
- October 18, 2021Law360
- September 9, 2021
- May 25, 2021Chambers USA
- October 22, 2020
- October 9, 2020
- May 15, 2020Law360
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- September 4, 2019
- August 1, 2019
- July 22, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- April 26, 2019Chambers USA
- February 12, 2019Law360
- January 9, 2019Law360
- January 8, 2019Law360
- Counsel to the Alleged Victims of Harvey Weinstein Jeff Waxman Quoted in Law360, Bloomberg and Variety MagazineJune 6, 2018Law360, Bloomberg, Variety Magazine
- November 1, 2017
- October 26, 2015
- April 2, 2009
Board Member, SODAT Delaware, Inc.
Chambers USA, 2019 - Present
Delaware Today Top Lawyers, Business Bankruptcy, 2015, 2017, 2019 - Present
Recipient of ABI Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy
Order of the Barristers
The Honorable Mary F. Walrath, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
The Honorable Michael J. Kaplan, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD, 1998
Temple University, BA, 1995