Matt Fogg represents plaintiffs in the areas of personal injury and workers' compensation. Matt focuses his practice on the representation of individuals injured due to the negligence of other individuals or companies and to those injured at work.
Matt is licensed to practice before all of the state courts in Delaware, the US District Court for the District of Delaware and the US Supreme Court. Matt regularly handles matters through all stages of litigation before the Delaware state courts as well as the Industrial Accident Board.
Prior to joining Morris James, Matt represented individuals in personal injury and worker’s compensation matters for 17 years in New Castle County. Matt has been a frequent speaker on worker’s compensation and personal injury matters in the State of Delaware.
Matt takes great pride in representing individuals to see that they are justly compensated, while always treating his clients with compassion, dignity and respect.
Randy J. Holland Delaware Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, Past President
Delaware State Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Section, Past Chair
- Tort's Section, Member
Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, 2003-Present
- Successfully negotiated a permanency and disfigurement of a worker’s compensation claim for a severe hand injury for $197,000
- Successfully negotiated a case for a woman that sustained leg fracture in a slip and fall on ice in a commercial parking lot for $144,000
- Successfully negotiated settlement of a dog bite injury to a woman’s hand for $95,000
- Successfully negotiated settlement of a client who sustained a low back injury in a motor vehicle collision requiring surgery for $300,000
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of a worker’s compensation case following a back injury after claimant had returned to work for $150,000
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of a permanency and disfigurement claim for a severe foot injury for $255,513
- Successfully negotiated settlement of a man who injured both knees, requiring surgery to one after his vehicle was struck by a dump truck for $300,000
- Successfully negotiated settlement of a woman sustaining post-concussive injuries after being struck on the head by an object while shelves were being stocked for $85,000
Latest Blog Posts
- What is Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
- Wrongful Death FAQs
- Navigating Legal Needs Following an Automobile Accident
- What Happens After an Accident With a Box Truck or Delivery Van?
- I Fell On a Friend’s Property, and I Don’t Want to Sue Them, but My Bills are Piling Up—What Should I Do?
- What Kinds of Injury or Damage Can I Sue for After a Boating Accident?
- Understanding Boat Insurance
- Is Suing for a Boating Accident the Same as a Car Accident?
- View More
Delaware Personal Injury Law Blog
Videos & Podcasts
- Aziyo Biologics Fibercel Recall: Donnie Smith Tells His Story of Fighting Tuberculosis from Contaminated Bone GraftJanuary 18, 2022
- July 1, 2021
- Partner Matthew Fogg Discusses the Multi-District Litigation against Aziyo Biologics and Medtronic Regarding Tainted Fibercel Bone GraftsJune 30, 2021
- June 23, 2021
News & Events
News & Events
- November 10, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- First Florida Tuberculosis-Tainted Surgical Case Among the Latest Filed Against Aziyo Biologics, Inc.July 2, 2021
- June 19, 2021Washington Post
- June 17, 2021Delaware Law Weekly
- October 22, 2020
- August 21, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
Best Lawyers, 2021
Delaware Today Top Lawyers, Workers' Compensation for Employee, 2017 - Present
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Widener University Delaware Law School, JD, 2002
Mansfield University, BS, cum laude, 1999