Chambers USA has, once again, recognized Morris James as a leading Delaware law firm for its preeminence, achievements, and client service in the practice areas of bankruptcy & restructuring, chancery, labor and employment, land use, and real estate.
Additionally, 13 Morris James attorneys were ranked as Delaware leading lawyers for their practices in the areas of bankruptcy & restructuring, chancery, intellectual property, labor and employment, land use, and real estate.
The Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group is acknowledged as "a respected bankruptcy and creditors' rights group with a strong bench of attorneys. [Morris James] maintains a fine reputation for its creditor-side work, regularly acting on contentious matters including fraudulent transfers and preferences. [The firm] also possesses a fine track record for its work on behalf of Chapter 11 debtors and has further experience with representing acquirers of distressed assets."
- "Morris James works hard to ensure its services add value for the benefit of the client."
- "They have extraordinary knowledge of the bankruptcy process."
- "They are extremely responsive."
Recognized Bankruptcy Lawyers
- "She knows the ins and outs of Delaware practice."
- "Brya is smart, knows the law and is client-oriented."
- "She's experienced, responsive and has good insight on important issues. She sees the good business angle."
- "Chuck is even-keeled, skillful, and has a good idea of how to handle cases."
- "He's respected and tenacious."
- "Steve is always responsive and provides excellent strategic feedback."
- "He's extremely knowledgeable about restructuring."
- "Eric is experienced and respected. He's a good resource."
- "Jeff is knowledgeable about the process and has deep familiarity with all the different moving parts."
- "He navigates the twists and turns of complexities well."
- "He's a pragmatic, smart and client-oriented deal-maker."
- "Jeff is super thorough, reliable and professional."
The Corporate and Fiduciary Litigation Group is regarded as "a strong firm that is well thought of for its work in M&A disputes, shareholder derivative suits and breach of contract cases, among other matters. The firm also advises special transaction committees in connection with merger transactions as well as representing companies or stockholders in statutory proceedings regarding control and appraisal disputes. The team is adept at serving as lead and Delaware counsel to both defendants and plaintiffs."
- "The firm is very experienced and well respected, with a strong bench."
- "They have a very thorough knowledge of Delaware corporate law and take a common-sense approach to prioritizing tasks."
Recognized Chancery Lawyers
- "Lewis has a great even-keeled demeanor that is extremely effective in court. He has also been practicing before the Delaware courts for decades, giving him tremendous insight and experience."
- "He's an experienced practitioner."
- "Albert is very knowledgeable about Delaware law."
- "Tyler is a sharp and capable lawyer."
Ken Dorsney of Morris James "comes recommended for his representation of clients in patent and Hatch-Waxman litigation. He acts for clients from a range of industries, including the pharmaceuticals and technology sectors."
Recognized IP Lawyers
- "Ken hits all the points you want in co-counsel."
The Labor and Employment Group "is a highly experienced group with a strong track record for its work on behalf of clients in the education sector. It regularly advises on collective bargaining issues and labor arbitrations, and is additionally noted for its expertise in discrimination claims and civil rights litigation, including constitutional claims. The firm is also engaged to handle disputes with regard to post-employment restrictions. It has additional expertise counseling employers on compliance matters."
Recognized Labor & Employment Lawyers
- A respected employment litigator and counselor with significant experience acting for school districts and other education-sector clients
- Offers expertise in a range of matters including discrimination claims and trade secrets litigation
- Highly recommended for her representation of employers in high-stakes litigation,
- Frequently sought out to provide training on labor and employment issues.
The Real Estate Group "has a respected group with an excellent presence in Delaware, with offices in all three counties and a broad client base that includes real estate owners and developers. It is well equipped to handle complex acquisitions, sales and leasing for a range of property types and also maintains a fine reputation for refinancing work on behalf of landowners."
Recognized Real Estate Lawyers
- Offers broad transactional capabilities across the real estate space, handling matters such as joint ventures involving the construction and development of mixed-use sites
- Clients include developers and landowners
The Land Use Group "has a respected group with an excellent presence in Delaware, with offices in all three counties and a broad client base that includes real estate owners and developers. It is well equipped to handle complex acquisitions, sales and leasing for a range of property types and also maintains a fine reputation for refinancing work on behalf of landowners."
- "They were knowledgeable in the rules and legal issues, but they also know the Delaware politicians. They are invaluable members of the team."
Recognized Zoning & Land Use Lawyers
- "Kim practices smart law, she does not get hung up and focuses on the big picture. Not getting hung up allows us to be successful."
About Chambers USA
Chambers USA ranks leading law firms and lawyers in a wide range of practice areas based on their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness, and their client service. The research is in-depth, client-focused, and the guide is read by industry-leading companies and organizations throughout the United States and worldwide.
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Business Torts
- Committee Representations
- Contract Litigation
- Corporate Advice
- Corporate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Corporate Governance Counseling
- Distressed Entity, Insolvency Counseling
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use
- Legal Opinions
- Legislative Practice
- Litigation and Liquidation Trustees
- LLC, LP, Partnership Litigation
- Mass Torts
- Real Estate
- Special Committee Representation