What types of cases does your law firm handle?
While some law firms handle cases from a broad range of seemingly unrelated practice areas, the Morris James Personal Injury Group offers a more focused approach, helping those who were harmed by another party's negligent actions pursue compensation for their injuries via civil lawsuits. The skilled legal team with the Morris James Personal Injury Group boasts more than 80 years of combined experience in personal injury law and is adept at litigating personal injury cases, including wrongful death, auto accident, workers' compensation, dog bite, product liability, and slip-and-fall claims.
Personal injury lawsuits are a common type of civil lawsuit in Delaware. Civil lawsuits differ from criminal lawsuits in that they're brought by victims against individuals or corporations for the purpose of securing compensation for damages, rather than brought by the government against individuals for the purpose of imposing penalties for violating the law.
At the Morris James Personal Injury Group, our knowledgeable attorneys are dedicated to providing compassionate legal representation that guides our clients through each and every step of the civil litigation process—from the initial filing of the complaint to its resolution.
Our law firm has extensive experience handling cases from the following personal injury practice areas:
- Wrongful death. When a loved one dies in an accident caused by another party's negligence, Delaware law allows the spouse, children, parents, or siblings of the deceased person to file a lawsuit for the purpose of securing compensation for funeral expenses, lost income and benefits, lost child or spousal support, lost household services, and mental anguish.
- Serious injuries. Even if accident victims are fortunate enough to escape with their lives, they may still suffer serious and debilitating injuries that require extensive treatment and long, grueling recovery periods. Filing a civil lawsuit allows victims to seek a financial award that can help them pay for treatments and replace wages lost due to missed work.
- Auto accidents. Being involved in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident can turn a person's well-ordered world completely upside down. In addition to unexpected medical bills, auto accident victims may also have to grapple with extensive property damage to their vehicle and a devastating change of lifestyle. Fortunately, Delaware law allows accident victims to pursue compensation for these and other accident-related damages.
- Dangerous products. Despite the existence of government safety regulations, a handful of defective or otherwise potentially harmful products make their way to store shelves in the United States each year. People who have been harmed by dangerous or defective pharmaceuticals, foods, food containers, childcare items, children's toys, and many other items, may be able to hold the manufacturer responsible for their injuries.
- Slip-and-fall accidents (also known as premises liability accidents). Delaware property owners have a duty to maintain their properties for the safety of the public, their tenants, or other lawful visitors. Property owners who fail to take reasonable precautions may be held liable if someone slips and falls, or is otherwise injured, due to their negligence of duty. Filing a personal injury lawsuit allows slip-and-fall accident victims to fight for the compensation to which they may be entitled.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you—or someone you love—were injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, you may not have to bear the burden of accident-related expenses on your own. Delaware law allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation for damages such as medical bills, property damage, lost wages, loss of earning potential, and pain and suffering related to the accident.
Contact the seasoned personal injury attorneys with the Morris James Personal Injury Group to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Our attorneys are eager to help you explore your legal options and are committed to working with you to obtain the financial award you deserve.Share