Morris James has a large and diverse team of corporate attorneys who are routinely engaged to assist with the most complex and unique legal issues covering Delaware corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and trusts.
Our attorneys have extensive experience throughout the life cycle of every type of Delaware business entity, from formation and structuring to internal governance and ongoing compliance, through dissolution and termination. We are often called upon to provide advice concerning mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, conversions, and domestications of those entities.
Full spectrum of corporate law. We represent alternative entities in the full range of corporate and commercial transactions where a Delaware entity has a unique and central role. We bring a wealth of experience honed by literally thousands of transactions, ranging in scope from modest local start-ups to sophisticated domestic and cross-border financings valued in excess of $1.5B.
Litigation. Our litigators are among the most well-respected in Delaware. We are vastly experienced in representing alternative entities, as well as their owners and managers, in disputes ranging from the fiduciary and contractual duties of managing members and managers of LLCs and partners of LPs to the statutory (and sometimes contractual) rights of members to inspect the books and records of the company.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Contract Litigation
- Corporate Advice
- Corporate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Corporate Governance Counseling
- Corporate Trust and Fiduciary Services
- Delaware Alternative Entities: LLC, LP, Partnership and Trust
- Distressed Entity, Insolvency Counseling
- Energy Industry
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Opinions
- Litigation and Liquidation Trustees
- LLC, LP, Partnership Litigation
- Non-Compete and Trade Secret Protection
- Real Estate
- Small Businesses and Start-Ups
- Special Committee Representation
- Structured Finance Transactions