Albert Carroll is a member of the firm's Corporate and Commercial Litigation Group and focuses his practice on litigation involving corporations and alternative entities formed under Delaware law. As a litigator, he represents and guides clients through fiduciary duty claims, contract disputes, M&A challenges, and summary proceedings under Delaware’s business statutes in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Delaware Supreme Court. Albert also represents clients in business litigation in Delaware federal court.
Another component of Albert’s practice includes advising directors or committees of directors serving on the boards of Delaware corporations. As an advisor, he counsels directors on governance, fiduciary, and investigatory matters under Delaware law.
Albert also has experience providing formal opinions in non-litigated matters and assisting in expert engagements in litigated matters regarding Delaware law. These engagements have included the fiduciary duties of directors and officers under Delaware law, the interpretation and application of the Delaware business statutes, and the ethical obligations of Delaware attorneys.
- Fiduciary duty actions arising out of alleged mismanagement or self-dealing.
- Challenges to M&A transactions involving price, process and disclosures claims.
- Actions seeking or contesting the removal of directors, general partners or managing members.
- Breach of contract actions involving preferred stock.
- Books and records inspection demands.
- Breach of contract actions under the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules.
- Advising directors in a merger sales process regarding potential conflicts of interests involving board advisors.
- Advising independent directors regarding a potential going-private transaction and contractual duties in the master limited partnership context.
- Advising a special committee formed to conduct an investigation in response to a stockholder derivative demand.
- Advising a special committee formed to conduct an investigation into alleged SEC violations by the company’s employees.
- Advising directors in responding to books and records and derivative demands made by dissident directors.
Delaware State Bar Association
American Bar Association
The Office of the Child Advocate, Delaware, Attorney on behalf of abused and neglected children
Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court
News & Media Mentions
Articles & Publications
- June 1, 2017American Bar Association
- January 17, 2017Transaction Advisors
Latest Blog Posts
- Court Of Chancery Explains Stock Restriction Law Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Explains When Entire Fairness Applies To Option Grants And Voting Agreements Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Explains Interrelationship Of MLP Exculpation Clauses Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Addresses Material Adverse Change Clause In Commercial Contract Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Upholds Deal Price As Fair Value In Appraisal Case Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Appraises Company Below Deal Price Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Declines To Hold Unocal Claim Automatically Excuses Demand Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- Court Of Chancery Rejects Novel Breach Of Appraisal Rights Claim Edward M. McNally, Albert J. Carroll
- View More
Delaware Business Litigation Report
"Being a Delaware litigator means I am fortunate to collaborate with first-rate businesspeople and attorneys from all over the globe, and assist them with an insider view of the Delaware courts and complex Delaware legal matters." - Albert Carroll
Delaware Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation Rising Star, 2017
Boston University School of Law Public Interest Law Journal, Note Editor
Intern for Chief Justice Martha P. Grace of the Massachusetts Juvenile Court
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., with high distinction, 2005