Contacts & Openings
Personal Injury/Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
Morris James LLP, a Delaware law firm with 68 attorneys, seeks an experienced personal injury/workers’ compensation paralegal to join its plaintiff’s practice at the 803 N. Broom Street office location in Wilmington. Applicant should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience & must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can work under pressure & prioritize/handle a high volume of cases. Bilingual skill (English/Spanish) is a plus. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Assist attorneys with all aspects of personal injury & workers’ compensation matters from the initial client contact to settlement of case.
- Meet with clients and manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality.
- Respond to client phone calls and emails.
- Prepare and draft appropriate legal documents with attorney oversight.
- Coordinate available benefits/payments of medical bills and related expenses.
- Prepare client distributions, verifying parties receive appropriate compensation.
- Adhere to all time critical case milestones and due dates.
- Assist with preparation of correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, insurance companies, expert witnesses, and the Court.
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with various doctors’ office.
- Organize documentation for court hearings, arbitrations, and trials.
- Strong customer-service-oriented approach and positive attitude.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team.
- Strong analytic, math, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to interpret and present data produced by research.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and complete them to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual skill (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a personal injury/workers’ compensation paralegal.
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook & possess strong typing skills.
- Experience with File Site, a document management system, is helpful.
- Experience with Needles software program is a plus.
- May be required to retrieve and distribute files, written documents, or office supplies weighing up to 15 pounds.
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to email@example.com or fax to 302-571-1750.
Morris James is committed to fostering a collegial work environment where people with diverse views, experiences and backgrounds work together to provide clients with outstanding service.
Morris James is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Highly qualified candidates may e-mail their resume, along with salary requirements, to:
Human Resources Manager
Morris James LLP
P. O. Box 2306
Wilmington, DE 19899