Latest Blog Posts
- Delaware Bankruptcy Court Amends Local Rules
- Delivery Agent, Inc. Files Chapter 11; Will Seek to Sell
- Noble Environmental Power, LLC Files Chapter 11
- Golfsmith Hits Into Trouble: Enters Chapter 11
- Swift Energy Files Prepack Chapter 11
- Taylor-Wharton International LLC Files Chapter 11
- Mining and Exploration Company, Santa Fe Gold Corporation, Seeks Protection in Chapter 11
- Hercules Offshore, Inc. and 14 Affiliates File a Prepackaged Chapter 11 Case
- View More
Delaware Business Bankruptcy Report
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
Morris James LLP represents all types of parties having interests in business bankruptcy cases. We represent our clients’ interests aggressively, creatively, and efficiently. With our collective experience, legal acumen, and business knowledge, we provide our clients (both national and local) with sound and practical advice regarding sophisticated and complicated bankruptcy and insolvency issues, always mindful of the need to achieve their business objectives.
Who We Serve
Morris James’ Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group represents creditors (secured and unsecured), committees (official and unofficial, creditors and equity), debtors, trustees (indenture, owner and liquidating), purchasers, investors and other parties in interest before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, the United States District Court for the District of Delaware and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, as well as other federal courts. We counsel clients in both reorganization and liquidation cases, as well as in out-of-court workouts and debt restructurings.
In addition to our direct representation of clients, we also have an extensive practice serving as co-counsel with out of state lawyers. Our role as co-counsel is substantive. We bring value to the client due to our experience with the courts located in Delaware, our relationships with attorneys practicing in Delaware and our substantive knowledge of the law. Attorneys and clients who retain Morris James as co-counsel appreciate and value our active role in their matters.