Morris James LLP seeks a Desktop Engineer to work in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The Desktop Engineer works under the direction of the IT Manager and the Chief Information Officer and will provide system administration, support, maintenance, and operation of the firm's Microsoft Windows desktop environment within its six offices and multiple practice groups.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated person who possesses a degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certification, and work experience. A minimum of 5 years’ of work-related experience preferred, ideally in a legal or professional services firm.
The Desktop Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the performance and configuration of the Desktop environment to help improve user experience as well as ensure that all systems meet the firm's security requirements. Candidates for consideration will be expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm's clients, attorneys, and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
The hours for this position are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Perform helpdesk incident and problem support of all firm systems and provide necessary recommendations on potential image/system enhancements, speed, security, etc.
- Perform hardware & software installations & upgrades to operating systems & overseeing the deployment of business-critical applications to the firm’s desktop environment.
- Identify, research, & resolve technical problems. Respond to telephones calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support. Track & monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Perform administrative tasks within Active Directory & Group Policy Management.
- Develop & maintain processes, procedures for the IT team.
- Evaluate new technology based on departmental or business needs.
- Maintain a continuous cycle of patching & reports to ensure firm-wide compliance.
- Continuously monitor the environment, procedures & processes to identify problematic trends & proactively recommend/implement solutions.
- Develop & promote standard operating procedures.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning & testing.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies & provide input for process improvement.
- Work with vendors to open & manage vendor problem tickets to resolution.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology.
- Support special litigation or transactional practice groups’ projects as they arise.
Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager or Chief Information Officer.
- Strong customer-service oriented approach & positive, professional attitude.
- Ability to exercise initiative & good judgment to work independently as appropriate & as a member of a team.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills & ability to interact with a diverse group of attorneys & staff in person or by email/telephone.
- Must be detail-oriented & possess excellent communication (written & oral) skills.
- Excellent at organizing/prioritizing numerous projects/tasks simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 5 years’ of applicable work-related experience preferred.
- Possess a degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certification, and work experience.
Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to Carol Folt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Morris James LLP
The size of our firm offers numerous advantages for our employees. We are large enough to have ample technological and human resources to support continued growth and training, yet the firm is small enough to maintain a collegial atmosphere. Close working relationships among partners, associates, paralegals, and staff are the norm.
Technology changes rapidly, and part of being competitive is the ability to adapt to innovation. Morris James LLP is committed to keeping its employees proficient in the latest software. With our own in-house computer training facility, employees learn the techniques necessary to produce high-quality legal products.