Morris James is a nationally reputed law firm, earning distinction for legal work and knowledge. We are the go-to co-counsel for many of the most prestigious law firms in the country.
Morris James is fundamentally built upon trusted relationships. We know that choosing a law firm is a weighty decision. As one of the largest law firms in Delaware, we have the resources to take on the most complex cases. We strive to achieve the best results for our clients while ensuring they have a positive experience working with our firm. From the outset, we have been client-focused and team-oriented, seeking to serve our clients consistently with the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our future is premised on the core cultural values that have brought us over 90 years of success.
Our lawyers are actively involved in committees that annually review and propose amendments to Delaware statutes and court rules and procedures. We know the judges, the court procedures, and the local rules.
Committee on Judicial Appointments
Morris James lawyers serve on the Committee on Judicial Appointments, a standing committee of the DSBA that provides recommendations on judicial candidates to the Judicial Nominating Commission.
Corporation Law Council
Morris James lawyers regularly serve on and have chaired the Delaware State Bar Association's Corporation Law Council, responsible for formulating and recommending amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law, the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act, the Delaware Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act and the Delaware Revised Uniform Partnership Act.
Court Rules Committees
Morris James lawyers volunteer on rules committees to evaluate and recommend new rules or amendments to existing rules relating to court proceedings for several of the Delaware courts, including:
- Delaware Court of Chancery
- Delaware Family Court
- Delaware Superior Court
- Delaware Supreme Court
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
Delaware Supreme Court
Morris James serves the Delaware Supreme Court through appointments to service on boards, commissions and committees seeking to improve administration of justice, the regulation of the Delaware Bar, and access to justice for all Delawareans. Throughout our history and continuing today, our service includes volunteerism on the following Supreme Court boards, commissions and committees.
- Access to Justice Commission
- Board of Bar Examiners
- Board on Professional Responsibility
- Board on Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Commission on Law and Technology
- Committee to Revise Principles of Professionalism for Delaware Lawyers and to Develop Code of Professionalism for Judges
- Jurisdiction Improvement Committee
- Lawyer's Fund for Client Protection
- Permanent Advisory Committee on the Delaware Lawyers' Rules of Professional Conduct
- Permanent Advisory Committee on Supreme Court Rules, Rules of Civil and Criminal Procedure, and Rules of Evidence
Delaware Superior Court
Morris James serves the Superior Court through our lawyers' service on Standing Civil Advisory and Rules Committees and the Complex/Business Litigation Committee working to improve the administration of justice. Our lawyers serve on numerous court committees, including the:
- Civil Rules Advisory Committee
- Complex Commercial Litigation Division Advisory Committee
- Sussex County Civil Advisory Committee
- Formidable lawyers deeply committed to anticipating the needs of our clients through innovation and superior client service.
- Our clients-first philosophy, multi-disciplinary approach, and collective experience earn us high regard from clients, peers, and the business and legal communities.
- Serving as Delaware co-counsel for bankruptcy, corporate, intellectual property, litigation, mass torts, real estate, and transactional matters.
- We combine interdisciplinary legal skills and experience with a passion for knowledge of the client’s business, industry, and interests to provide sophisticated and cost-effective legal counsel.
- 70 lawyers in six offices throughout Delaware.
"Morris James works hard to ensure its services add value for the benefit of the client." - Chambers USA