Morris James LLP seeks a Helpdesk Technician to work in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. The Helpdesk Technician works under the direction of the IT Manager and the Chief Information Officer and will provide technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users who need assistance with computer hardware or software applications. This position supports personnel within its six offices and multiple practice groups.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated person who possesses a degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certification and work experience. A minimum of 5 years’ of work-related experience preferred, ideally in a legal or professional services firm.
The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance to resolve hardware and/or software assistance via email, telephone/voicemail, or in-person. Candidates for consideration will be expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm's clients, attorneys, and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
The hours for this position are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday with some occasional overtime. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
* Identify, research, & resolve technical hardware and/or software problems. Respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for assistance. Track & monitor problems to insure timely resolution.
* Properly prioritize requests in the Helpdesk ticketing system.
* Provide end-user hardware and/or software support and training.
* Provide needed information on IT products or services.
* Maintain technical documentation on configuration of hardware, installation of software, and problem troubleshooting.
* Work with vendors to open & manage vendor problem tickets to resolution.
* Support special litigation or transactional practice groups’ projects as they arise.
* Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager or Chief Information Officer.
* Ability to perform high-level troubleshooting and problem solving and effectively document resolutions.
* Basic understanding of network installation and support.
* Hands on IT support with Microsoft operating systems.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of computer hardware/accessories and mobile devices.
* Strong customer-service oriented approach & positive, professional attitude.
* Ability to exercise initiative & good judgement to work independently as appropriate & as a member of a team.
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills & ability to interact with a diverse group of attorneys & staff in person or by email/telephone.
* Must be detail-oriented & possess excellent communication (written & oral) skills.
* Excellent at organizing/prioritizing numerous projects/tasks simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
* A minimum of 5 years’ of applicable work-related experience preferred.
* Possess a degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certification and work experience.
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to email@example.com.
Morris James LLP seeks an experienced Bankruptcy Paralegal to work in its Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. Applicant should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience & must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can work under pressure & prioritize/handle a high volume of cases. Candidates for consideration will be expected to perform all paralegal responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients and attorneys and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork.
The hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, with some occasional overtime. This is full-time, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
* E-filing and service of pleadings;
* Draft routine notices, motions and petitions;
* Prepare and organize trial and hearing binders;
* Accurately maintain calendar of critical dates to ensure all deadlines are met and work is processed in an effective & efficient manner;
* Prepare fee applications;
* Maintain and organize matter file in document management system (FileSite/iManage);
* Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality;
* Communicate with creditors, co-counsel, and Bankruptcy Court Chambers as necessary.
* Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude;
* Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information;
* Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team;
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills;
* Detail oriented;
* Ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and accurately complete them to meet deadlines.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a bankruptcy paralegal;
* Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft 2016 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
* Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate is a plus;
* Proficient in FileSite/iManage or similar document management system;
* Must have knowledge of Bankruptcy Court and Federal Rules and Regulations;
* Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines;
Qualified applicants must submit cover letter, resume, plus salary requirements & references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302-571-1750.
Morris James is committed to fostering a collegial work environment where people with diverse views, experiences and backgrounds work together to provide clients with outstanding service.
Morris James is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Highly qualified candidates may e-mail their resume, along with salary requirements, to:
Human Resources Manager
Morris James LLP
P. O. Box 2306
Wilmington, DE 19899