Morris James represents international and domestic clients aggressively, creatively, and efficiently. With our collective experience, legal acumen, and business knowledge, we provide sound, practical advice regarding sophisticated and complicated bankruptcy, restructuring, and insolvency issues, always mindful of the need to achieve our clients' objectives.
We are among a select group of firms able to demonstrate substantive and regular experience acting for all stakeholders in major national and global bankruptcy cases. Our clients include debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, ad hoc and official committees, indenture trustees, debtor-in-possession lenders, asset purchasers, and liquidation trustees. In addition, we are the go-to co-counsel for many of the most prestigious law firms in the country.
Our bankruptcy and creditors' rights attorneys offer exceptional service across a broad spectrum of issues involving reorganization and liquidation cases, out-of-court workouts, and debt restructuring. We are equally adept at running bankruptcy cases and litigating multimillion-dollar disputes. We consistently have substantial roles in the cases filed in Delaware. We also serve as counsel to institutional clients in bankruptcy courts outside of Delaware.
At Morris James, our lawyers collaborate across the firm to meet the unique needs of each client. Our bankruptcy team draws on the knowledge and experience of attorneys across the firm in tax, corporate, real estate, litigation, and other relevant areas to provide comprehensive and sophisticated advice to our clients.
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Committees – Official, Ad Hoc and Unofficial
- Creditor engagements - Landlords, Trade, IP, and others
- Debtors & Debtor Management
- DIP Lenders
- Trustees - Chapter 7, Indenture, Litigation, and Liquidating
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Corporate Trust and Fiduciary Services
- Distressed Entity, Insolvency Counseling
- Energy Industry
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Opinions
- LLC, LP, Partnership Litigation
- Small Businesses and Start-Ups
- Special Committee Representation
- Tax, Estates and Business Practice