More than sixty percent of the Fortune 500 companies are incorporated in Delaware. At one point, each of those companies was a small business with a big idea. The Small Businesses and Start-Ups Group provides a full range of legal services to assist entrepreneurs and small businesses owners organize and transition their ideas to full-fledged businesses.
Morris James represents some of Delaware’s largest and smallest companies, applying our versatile skill-set to serve increasingly complex and interrelated tax, business, credit, real estate, employment, commerce, regulatory, and transition strategic planning and transactional needs. In addition to being able to address the issues that businesses of all sizes face, the Small Businesses and Start-Ups Group is focused on addressing issues that are of particular concern to small businesses, including initial corporate governance, employment, financing, and tax issues, to give small businesses the platform necessary for growth.
To support the transition from start-up to proven enterprise, the Closely-Held Business Counsel Group at Morris James combines multidisciplinary legal skills and experience with a keen knowledge of the client’s own business and industry to provide sophisticated and cost-effective legal counsel for established closely-held businesses of all sizes. This facilitates a proactive approach across the board, with coordinated representation that benefits both the business and its owners.
Morris James is aware that small companies often have issues with liquidity, and the Small Businesses and Start-Ups Group is willing to consider flexible hourly rates or alternative fee arrangement for new businesses.
- Bruce Tigani to Present on the New Tax Act at the 13th Annual Delaware Trust Conference Sponsored by The Delaware Bankers AssociationOctober 3, 2018
- June 29, 2018
- October 12, 2017
- Shannon Frazier speaks at DSBA Rubenstein-Walsh Seminar on Ethics and Professionalism on Ethics in Transactional PracticeJanuary 2011
Latest Blog Posts
Delaware Business Litigation Report
- New Provision of the Delaware Discrimination in Employment Act Strengthens Prohibition on Sexual HarassmentSeptember 12, 2018
- Chancery Rejects Merger Price as Indicator of Fair Value in Appraisal Based on Flaws in Sales ProcessAugust 8, 2018
- Self-Dealing Conduct Supporting Fiduciary-Duty Claims Was Covered by Contractual Duties Imposed in the LLC AgreementMay 24, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- October 26, 2017
- October 5, 2017
- The Limited Liability Company and Partnership Answer BookAugust 18, 2017
- Entity Lifecycles: An Overview of the Statutory Requirements Relating to the Formation, Maintenance, and Termination of Delaware Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Statutory TrustsJanuary 30, 2017