July 20, 2022
Partner Jeffery Waxman will moderate a panel at the 27th Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop on July 21st – July 24th in Amelia Island, FL. The panel titled "Third Party Releases" consists of panelists Jessica Lauria of White & Case LLP, David Molten of Brown Rudnick LLP, and Andrew Vara of the Office of the U.S. Trustee.
Topics covered included --
- distinguishing between exculpation v. consensual releases v. nonconsensual releases, including temporal or subject-matter limitations;
- recent caselaw, including the split among the circuits with respect to nonconsensual releases;
- statutory framework for court’s analyses of nonconsensual releases;
- policy considerations with respect to nonconsensual releases;
- the permissible scope of nonconsensual releases;
- Bankruptcy Court jurisdiction to grant nonconsensual releases; and
- Insurance neutrality
The Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop facilitates joining law professionals for a healthy dose of bankruptcy CLE from an outstanding faculty of regional judges, academics, and practitioners.