Alena Smith is an attorney in the Corporate and Commercial Litigation Practice Group. She practices in the areas of business litigation, chancery litigation, and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Morris James, Alena was a corporate litigation attorney at a well-respected Delaware law firm. She began her law career clerking for Resident Judge William L. Witham Jr.
In addition to her preeminent legal career, Alena also possesses her M.B.A degree from Villanova University Business School.
- Corporate Governance
- Fiduciary Duty
- Proxy Contests
- Class Actions and Derivative Suits
Latest Blog Posts
- Chancery Denies Sellers’ Claim Against Buyers for Failure to Close, Finds That Sellers’ Award of “Phantom Equity” to Former Employee Breached Merger Agreement Representations
- Chancery Orders Defendant to Pay Simple Prejudgment Interest and Reduces the Amount Because of Plaintiffs’ Delays
- Chancery Holds Stockholders Can Assert Disclosure Claims on Behalf of Other Stockholders but Must Do So Through a Derivative Action
- Chancery Grants Injunction Under the Delaware Deceptive Trade Practices Act
- Chancery Finds Delaware’s Officer Consent Statute Extends Beyond “Formal Officers” to De Facto or Acting Officers
- Chancery Orders an LLC to Provide Manager with Books and Records Comprising Informal Board Materials Related to Other Managers’ Actions
- Chancery Finds SPAC’s Sponsor and Board Potentially Violated Fiduciary Duties by Depriving Public Stockholders of the Information Material to the Stock Redemption Decision
- Chancery Finds Stockholder Conferred a Substantial Corporate Benefit by Challenging the Joint Vote of Two Classes of Common Stock under Section 242(b)(2) of the DGCL
- View More
Delaware Business Litigation Report
The Honorable William L. Witham Jr., Superior Court of the State of Delaware
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, J.D., 2019
Villanova University Business School, M.B.A, 2019
Temple University, B.A., 2015