Morris James represents clients in high-value, high-stakes litigation. We work multi-faceted cases from start to finish against top-tier adversaries with strict focus on achieving our client's business and litigation objectives. We use technology to control costs and manage mega-document cases to develop case management plans that are both effective and efficient.
We counsel clients with regard to contract disputes ranging from stock and asset purchase agreements, LLC and LP agreements, employment contracts, service contracts, and contracts for the sale of goods. Our attorneys frequently litigate significant contract cases in the Delaware Supreme Court, Court of Chancery, Superior Court, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Our attorneys frequently litigate significant cases in all of the Delaware state and federal courts, including the Delaware Supreme Court, Delaware Court of Chancery, Delaware Superior Court, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Our Contract Litigation Team
The Morris James business torts team is among the most well-respected in Delaware. Our attorneys are recognized by Chambers USA and are listed in Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers®, and Delaware Super Lawyers® for their business litigation skills.
Morris James is also highly regarded among the Delaware bench, as evidenced by the long list of former judges and chancellors who joined the firm, including our current partner former Vice Chancellor John Noble.
The Morris James litigation style is comforting to clients and deeply grounded in facts and court precedent, not hyperbole. We develop trusting, loyal relationships with clients and co-counsel to formulate and execute cohesive litigation strategy. Both clients and competitors respect our reasoned, accurate and focused guidance and counsel.
- Represented an Indian pharmaceutical company in multi-state sales and marketing contract disputes under Article 2 Sales of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Defended a global semiconductor manufacturer in lease to purchase equipment contracts
- Defended a Fortune 500 telecommunications company against contract and business tort claims for service charges on customer phone bills in 13 states
- Defended buyer against claims of breach of contract arising out of alleged failure to make earn-out payments required by asset purchase agreement
- Represented buyer in asserting claims under asset purchase agreement for breach of representations and warranties and release of escrow funds
- Defended buyer against breach of contract claims arising out of asset purchase agreement for allegedly failing to reimburse seller for certain expenses
- Represented party in litigating against former joint venture partners obligations under asset purchase agreement and service agreement
Morris James maintains the Delaware Business Litigation Report, a blog of all recent, significant Delaware corporate and commercial law decisions.
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution Names Lewis Lazarus as a Distinguished NeutralJuly 15, 2021
- May 25, 2021Chambers USA
- May 10, 2021
- March 11, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- January 3, 2020
- December 11, 2019
- November 1, 2019
Latest Blog Posts
- Uber Board Was Disinterested and Independent to Assess a Pre-Suit Demand for Acquisition of Google Program
- Venture Capital Firms Did Not Constitute a Control Group Barring Stockholder Direct Claims for Dilution
- Chancery Examines Computer Misuse Claims Against Former Employee and Awards Defamation Damages Against Former Employer
- 'Scott v. DST Systems': Court Rejects Mootness Fee for Target’s Supplemental Disclosures Explaining Valuation Analyses
- Material Omissions in Proxy Prevent 'Corwin' Dismissal of Challenge to Merger
- Delaware Superior Court CCLD Dismisses Breach of Contract Action for Failure to State a Claim
- Superior Court Complex Commercial Litigation Division Holds Settlements Arising out of Dole Stockholder Litigations Constitute “Loss” Under Insurance Policies
- Delaware Superior Court Ruling Provides Guidance for Pre-Trial Motion Practice and Trial Preparation
- View More
Delaware Business Litigation Report
- Court of Chancery Permits Section 220 Inspection, Notwithstanding Attorneys’ Heavy Involvement in Crafting DemandApril 29, 2021
- The Court of Chancery Enforces Fee-Shifting Provision Against Unsuccessful Petitioner Who Also Had Waived its Appraisal Remedy in the Parties’ Stockholder AgreementAugust 26, 2020
- August 18, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- May 29, 2020
- Minority Members Allegedly Exploited Contract Rights in Breach of Fiduciary Duties to Acquire Company Assets on the CheapMay 6, 2020
- The Court of Chancery Dismisses Effort to Plead Around Rule 23 in CEO's Attempt to Escape Alleged Oversight FailuresApril 15, 2020
- Belated Use of Special Committee and Uninformed Stockholder Vote Undermine Bid for Business Judgment Review of Going-Private MergerMarch 18, 2020