Morris James has a large and diverse team of transactional and litigation attorneys who are routinely engaged to assist with the most complex and unique legal issues covering Delaware corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and trusts. Our attorneys have extensive experience throughout the life cycle of every type of Delaware business entity, from formation and structuring, to internal governance and ongoing compliance, through dissolution and termination. We are often called upon to provide advice concerning mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, conversions, and domestications of those entities. Our clients in this area include boards of directors, members, managers, lenders, borrowers, and non-Delaware attorneys, both within the United States and internationally. In addition, our attorneys routinely assist clients with the negotiation and structuring of business transactions utilizing Delaware corporations and alternative entities.
Our attorneys are well versed in issues relating to corporate governance, and often advise clients on day-to-day issues, such as charter and by-law provisions or meetings of directors or stockholders. Our attorneys are also skilled in assisting our clients with their most unique and complex issues, such as mergers, restructurings, and the interpretation of the Delaware General Corporation Law. We also routinely deliver third-party closing opinions regarding Delaware corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and trusts, as well as reasoned opinions on the most complex of legal issues.
Our attorneys are actively involved with the committees responsible for drafting and revising the statutes governing Delaware corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and trusts, and participate in numerous Delaware State Bar and American Bar Association committees relating to these entities. This commitment ensures that our attorneys and their advice remain cutting-edge.
- January 14, 2019Agenda Week
- October 22, 2018Law360
- October 22, 2018Delaware Today Magazine November 2018
- Bruce Tigani to Present on the New Tax Act at the 13th Annual Delaware Trust Conference Sponsored by The Delaware Bankers AssociationOctober 3, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- Meghan A. Adams Participates in a Panel Titled Changes in M&A Litigation—The Migration from Chancery Court to 10b-5 Securitas Class ActionsApril 12, 2018
- Meghan A. Adams Participates in a Panel Titled Speaking UP: Picking Our Battles and Effective Strategies for Making a DifferenceMarch 3, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- Lewis Lazarus Coauthors Chapter on Special Committees in ABA Publication, The Role of Directors in M&A TransactionsMay 9, 2019
- April 30, 2019
- Chancery Enjoins Unfair Merger Orchestrated by Controlling Stockholder Pending Corrective DisclosuresApril 17, 2019
- February 20, 2019
- August 3, 2018
- August 3, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- October 5, 2017