Morris James' attorneys try business tort cases on a regular basis in all the courts in Delaware. Morris James represents clients in business tort disputes ranging from securities fraud, unfair competition, unfair trade practices, misappropriation of trade secrets, trade defamation, tortious interference with business relationships, fraudulent conveyance, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, and contract-related fraud. Our attorneys frequently litigate significant business tort cases in the Delaware Supreme Court, Court of Chancery, Superior Court, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Morris James prides itself on the close working relationships that it establishes with inside counsel and its clients. Using technology to control costs and manage even mega-document cases, Morris James develops a case management plan with its clients that focuses on the client’s objectives. Morris James maintains the Delaware Business Litigation Report, a blog of all recent, significant Delaware corporate and commercial law decisions.
Our Business Torts Team
Morris James’ business torts team is among the most well-respected in Delaware. Our attorneys are recognized by Chambers USA as “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business”. Our lawyers are also listed in Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers®, and Delaware Super Lawyers® for their business litigation skills. Our team includes a former Vice Chancellor of the Court of Chancery.
- February 12, 2018
- Partner Patricia A. Winston Appointed to Jurisdiction Improvement Committee Tasked with Improving the Efficient Resolution of Citizens’ DisputesNovember 9, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- September 29, 2017
- Partner Patricia A. Winston Appointed Chair of the Delaware State Bar Association’s Litigation SectionSeptember 26, 2017
- Delaware Supreme Court Appoints Lewis H. Lazarus to Co-Chair Access to Justice Commission and Jason C. Jowers to Co-Chair SubcommitteeSeptember 20, 2017
- August 28, 2017Benchmark Litigation
- August 21, 2017
Latest Blog Posts
- March 14, 2018
- February 21, 2018
- Dismissal of Shareholder Derivative Action on Rule 23.1 Grounds Precludes Relitigation of Different Del. PlaintiffsFebruary 14, 2018
- February 1, 2018
- January 24, 2018
- December 27, 2017
- November 22, 2017
- November 17, 2017