Morris James represents clients in high-value, high-stakes litigation. We work multi-faceted cases from start to finish against top-tier adversaries with strict focus on achieving our client's business and litigation objectives. We use technology to control costs and manage mega-document cases to develop case management plans that are both effective and efficient.
Our experience is vast, ranging from securities fraud, unfair competition, unfair trade practices, misappropriation of trade secrets, trade defamation, tortious interference with business relationships, fraudulent conveyance, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, and contract-related fraud.
Our attorneys frequently litigate significant cases in all of the Delaware state and federal courts, including the Delaware Supreme Court, Delaware Court of Chancery, Delaware Superior Court, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Our Business Torts Team
The Morris James business torts team is among the most well-respected in Delaware. Our attorneys are recognized by Chambers USA and are listed in Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers®, and Delaware Super Lawyers® for their business litigation skills.
Morris James is also highly regarded among the Delaware bench, as evidenced by the long list of former Judges and Chancellors who joined the firm, including our current partner former Vice Chancellor John Noble.
The Morris James litigation style is comforting to clients and deeply grounded in facts and court precedent, not hyperbole. We develop trusting, loyal relationships with clients and co-counsel to formulate and execute cohesive litigation strategy. Both clients and competitors respect our reasoned, accurate and focused guidance and counsel.
Morris James maintains the Delaware Business Litigation Report, a blog of all recent, significant Delaware corporate and commercial law decisions.
- Lewis H. Lazarus, Partner
- Albert H. Manwaring, IV, Partner
- P. Clarkson Collins, Jr., Partner
- Matthew F. Lintner, Partner
- John W. Noble, Partner
- K. Tyler O'Connell, Partner
- Patricia A. Winston, Partner
- Edward M. McNally, Retired
- Samuel E. Bashman, Law Clerk
- R. Eric Hacker, Attorney
- Kirsten A. Zeberkiewicz, Attorney
- August 19, 2021
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution Names Lewis Lazarus as a Distinguished NeutralJuly 15, 2021
- May 25, 2021Chambers USA
- May 10, 2021
- November 6, 2020
- August 24, 2020
- John Newcomer Presenting in ALFA International Webinar on Price-Gouging Enforcement in the Era of COVID-19July 14, 2020
- March 11, 2020
Latest Blog Posts
- Chancery Examines Computer Misuse Claims Against Former Employee and Awards Defamation Damages Against Former Employer
- 'Scott v. DST Systems': Court Rejects Mootness Fee for Target’s Supplemental Disclosures Explaining Valuation Analyses
- Material Omissions in Proxy Prevent 'Corwin' Dismissal of Challenge to Merger
- Extraordinary Circumstances MAE Allow a Buyer to Break a Bad Deal
- Does Delaware Insist on “Controller” Accountability?
- Delaware Rejects Adequate Alternative Forum as an Independent Threshold Consideration for Forum Non Conveniens Applications
- Dismissal of Shareholder Derivative Action on Rule 23.1 Grounds Precludes Relitigation of Different Del. Plaintiffs
- Supreme Court Reverses Chancery's Dell Appraisal Decision
- View More
Delaware Business Litigation Report
- September 8, 2021
- June 2, 2021
- Court of Chancery Permits Section 220 Inspection, Notwithstanding Attorneys’ Heavy Involvement in Crafting DemandApril 29, 2021
- November 13, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- The Court of Chancery Dismisses Effort to Plead Around Rule 23 in CEO's Attempt to Escape Alleged Oversight FailuresApril 15, 2020
- Belated Use of Special Committee and Uninformed Stockholder Vote Undermine Bid for Business Judgment Review of Going-Private MergerMarch 18, 2020
- Court of Chancery Finds Possibility of Actual Control and the Doctrine of Inherent Coercion Preclude Summary Judgment Based on Disinterested Stockholder ApprovalFebruary 19, 2020
Videos & Podcasts
- February 13, 2019