About This Blog
Summaries and analysis of recent Delaware court decisions concerning business-related litigation.
- Chancery Refuses to Order Specific Performance Due to Inaccurate Representations and Warranties
- Supreme Court Affirms Court of Chancery’s Decision Directing “Long Dark” Company to Produce Books and Records to a Stockholder Free of Confidentiality Restrictions
- Chancery Approves Reduced Fee Award for Derivative Settlement Based on Therapeutic Benefits
- February 19, 2021
- October 30, 2020
- October 9, 2023
Morris James Blogs
Master in Chancery Summarizes Advancement Law
This is an excellent summary of the Delaware law on advancement and why all the arguments against improvidently granted advancement rights are wrong. For example, it explains why the right to be "defended' includes advancement, but the right just to be indemnified does not. In short, it is a good case to read before drafting advancement contracts.
- US News Best Law Firms
- JD Supra Readers Choice Award
- Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Super Lawyers