About This Blog
Summaries and analysis of recent Delaware court decisions concerning business-related litigation.
- Chancery Finds Plaintiff Failed To State A Non-Exculpated Claim Against Special Committee Defendants In Complaint Challenging A Merger
- Chancery Finds Stockholder Conferred a Substantial Corporate Benefit by Challenging the Joint Vote of Two Classes of Common Stock under Section 242(b)(2) of the DGCL
- Court of Chancery Awards Plaintiffs Attorneys’ Fees and Costs in Section 225 Action for Obtaining a Substantial Benefit for the Corporation and its Stockholders
Morris James Blogs
Court of Chancery Extends Claim Filing Deadline
By Morris James LLP on June 25, 2009
Posted In Class Actions
CME Group Inc.v. Chicago Board Options Exchange Inc., C.A. 2369-VCN (June 25, 2009)
Class action settlements often have a claim procedure that is complicated. Class members miss the deadlines and mess up their filings. However, as this decision illustrates, the Court is liberal in extending deadlines and forgiving filing mistakes.
Tags: Class ActionsShare
- US News Best Law Firms
- JD Supra Readers Choice Award
- Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Super Lawyers