About This Blog
Summaries and analysis of recent Delaware court decisions concerning business-related litigation.
- Chancery Finds Plaintiff Failed To State A Non-Exculpated Claim Against Special Committee Defendants In Complaint Challenging A Merger
- Chancery Finds Stockholder Conferred a Substantial Corporate Benefit by Challenging the Joint Vote of Two Classes of Common Stock under Section 242(b)(2) of the DGCL
- Court of Chancery Awards Plaintiffs Attorneys’ Fees and Costs in Section 225 Action for Obtaining a Substantial Benefit for the Corporation and its Stockholders
Morris James Blogs
Superior Court Upholds Jurisdiction After Merger
By Morris James LLP on June 2, 2011
Posted In Jurisdiction
Universal Capital Management Inc. v. Micco World Inc., C.A. 10C-07-039 RRC (June 2, 2011)
This is a useful case because it covers just about every basis to assert jurisdiction over non-Delaware residents for their actions in Delaware. It also upholds jurisdiction over a former Delaware corporation that merged out of Delaware.
- US News Best Law Firms
- JD Supra Readers Choice Award
- Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- Super Lawyers