Kenneth L. Dorsney is the Chair of Morris James’ Intellectual Property Practice. He is a registered patent attorney with over 20 years of experience resolving patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright disputes in the District of Delaware, through litigation, mediation and dispute resolution.
Ken’s practice focuses on the representation of corporate clients and the interests of outside counsel in a wide variety of complex intellectual property matters. Ken is the chair of the firm's Intellectual Property group practice. According to IAM Patent 100 magazine "Trial-savvy Kenneth L. Dorsney boasts "excellent credentials"; a registered patent attorney, he has a commanding grasp of the legal and technical issues at play in any dispute."
Ken has spoken at numerous seminars and law schools on patent law and litigation and is Editor-in-Chief and Co-Author of the ABA's ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactic for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators, first, second, and third editions, AIPLA and Bloomberg Law's Evidence in Patent Cases, and the ABA's Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio, first and second editions.
- Patent infringement and ANDA litigation
- Trademark infringement litigation
- Copyright infringement litigation
- Trade secret and business dispute litigation
Delaware State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Past Chair
American Bar Association, Patent Litigation Webpage Subcommittee, Chair, Business Law Section, IP Transactions Committee, Program Subcommittee, Chair
U.S. Bar/JPO Liaison Council, Delaware Delegate
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Federal Circuit Bar Association
Federal Bar Association Delaware Chapter, Intellectual Property Litigation Section, Past Co-Chair
- ADTRAN, Inc. v. TQ Delta, LLC
- ADTRAN, Inc. v. TQ Delta, LLC
- Amgen Inc. v. Hetero USA Inc., et al.
- AstraZeneca AB v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
- Bayer Intellectual Property GMBH, et al. v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
- Blackbird Tech LLC v. Garmin Ltd., et al.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., et al. v. Bionpharma, Inc.
- Cirba Inc. et al v. VMware, Inc.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Forest Laboratories, LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, et al. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Genuine Enabling Technology LLC v. Sony Corp., et al.
- Memory Integrity, LLC v. ASUSTek Computer, Inc., et al.
- Pfizer Inc., et al. v. Micro Labs USA Inc., et al.
- Onyx Therapeutics, Inc. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- TQ Delta, LLC v. ZyXel Communications, Inc., et al.
- UCB, Inc., et al. v. Apotex, Corp. and Apotex, Inc.
- Wyeth LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
- Summit Data Systems LLC v. EMC Corporation, et al.
- Finjan Inc. v. McAfee Inc., et al.
- McGrath v. Datex-Ohmeda Inc., et al.
- Novartis Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Scholastic Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Randstad Holding N. V. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- TriMas Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- 1-800 Contacts Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Five Star Quality Care Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Instinet Incorporated v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- American Apparel Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Sonion Nederland BV v. Asius Technologies LLC
- Serverside Group Limited et al. v. CPI Card Group – Minnesota Inc. et al.
- SonicWALL Inc. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
- Select Retrieval LLC v. Amerimark Direct LLC et al.
- AVM Technologies LLC v. Intel Corporation
- Polar Electro Oy v. Suunto Oy et al.|Asahi Glass Co Ltd. et al. v. Guardian Industries Corp.
- Round Rock Research LLC v. Macy’s Inc.
- Verance Corp. v. Digimarc Corp. (Delaware) et al.
- Universal Innovations LLC v. CS Industries Inc. et al.
- Where 2 Get It, Inc. v. Geo Tag Inc.
- Warnock v. GetFugu Inc. et al.
- American Cruise Lines Inc. v. HMS American Queen Steamboat Co. et al.
- Starhome GmbH v. AT&T Mobility LLC et al.
- Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited et al. v. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited et al.
- Technology Innovations LLC v. Amazon.com Inc.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Allied Telesis Inc. et al.
- CISCO Systems Inc. et al. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
- FastVDO LLC v. Apple Inc. et al.
- FotoMedia Technologies LLC v. Facebook Inc. et al.
- ChriMar Systems Inc. et al. v. Cisco Systems Inc. et al.
- Digital CBT LLC v. TiVo Inc.
- Digital CBT LLC v. AT&T Inc.
- Ever Win International Corporation v. RadioShack Corporation
- EIT Holdings LLC v. Barnes & Noble Inc.
- Golden Bridge Technology Inc. v. Amazon.Com Inc. et al.
- Microsoft Corporation et al. v. GeoTag Inc.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. D-LINK Systems Inc., et al.
- Netgear Inc. v. Innovation IP Ventures LLC
- Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. v. Enzymotec USA et al.
- Infoblox Inc. v. BlueCat Networks (USA) Inc. et al.
- Hunter Douglas Window Designs Inc. v. Springs Window Fashions LLC
- Marketlinx Inc. v. Industry Access Incorporated et al.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Enterasys Networks Inc. et al.
Articles & Publications
- October 10, 2018American Intellectual Property Law Association and Bloomberg Law
- Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio, Second EditionAugust 1, 2018ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- June 2016ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- August 27, 2014ABA
- Kenneth L. Dorsney Is Editor-In-Chief and a Co-Author of a New ANDA Litigation Book Published by the American Bar AssociationMay 2012ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- The Patent PowerhouseMay 2010Delaware Business Magazine
News & Events
News & Events
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA
- February 20, 2020
- January 30, 2020Law360
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- April 26, 2019Chambers USA
- DrugPatentWatch Favorably Reviews Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent PortfolioApril 10, 2019DrugPatentWatch.com
- March 22, 2019
- October 22, 2018Delaware Today Magazine November 2018
- Ken Dorsney is Co-Author and Editor-in-Chief of AIPLA and Bloomberg Law's "Evidence in Patent Cases”October 10, 2018American Intellectual Property Association
- August 15, 2018
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business Recognizes 14 Morris James Lawyers and Issues 5 Firm Practice Rankings in the 2018 EditionMay 7, 2018Chambers USA, 2018 Edition
- November 1, 2017
- May 26, 2017Chambers USA
- June 6, 2016
- May 27, 2016Chambers USA
- May 13, 2016Intellectual Asset Management
- May 19, 2015
- March 31, 2015
- Partners Richard K. Herrmann and Kenneth L. Dorsney Named in IAM's Patent 1000 List of the "World’s Leading Patent & Technology Licensing Lawyers"May 30, 2014Intellectual Asset Management Magazine
- Partner Kenneth L. Dorsney Named Among IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2013June 5, 2013Intellectual Asset Management
- Kenneth Dorsney To Present "A Roadmap to Delaware Patent Litigation" At The Harris Martin Intellectual Property Law ConferenceJune 14, 2012
- Kenneth L. Dorsney Is Editor-In-Chief and a Co-Author of a New ANDA Litigation Book Published by the American Bar AssociationMay 21, 2012
- December 14, 2011
- December 17, 2010
- December 16, 2010Corporate Counsel Magazine
Best Lawyers®, 2019-2020
IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, 2013 - 2018
Chambers USA, Intellectual Property, 2019-2020
- Up and Coming, 2015-2018
Delaware Today® Top Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2017, 2018-2019 (top vote-getter)
Global Law Experts, 2013 - 2014
IP Law Experts, 2014
Law Clerk for The Honorable Mary Pat Thynge, United States Magistrate Judge, U.S.
District Court, District of Delaware
Law Clerk for The Honorable Kent A. Jordan, U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
District of Columbia, 2004
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1998
University of Delaware, B.M.E., 2002
University of Delaware, B.A., 1995