Kenneth L. Dorsney is the Chair of Morris James’ Intellectual Property Practice. He is a registered patent attorney with over 20 years of experience resolving patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright disputes in the District of Delaware, through litigation and mediation.
Ken’s practice focuses on the representation of corporate clients and the interests of outside counsel in a wide variety of complex intellectual property matters. According to IAM Patent 100 magazine "Trial-savvy Kenneth L. Dorsney boasts "excellent credentials"; a registered patent attorney, he has a commanding grasp of the legal and technical issues at play in any dispute."
Ken was appointed by Chief Judge Connolly to serve on the Lawyer Advisory Committee for the U.S.D.C. in Delaware.
Ken has spoken at numerous seminars and law schools on patent law and litigation and is Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Author of the ABA's ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators, now in its third edition, AIPLA and Bloomberg Law’s Evidence in Patent Cases, and the ABA’s Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio, first and second editions.
Delaware State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Past Chair
American Bar Association, Patent Litigation Webpage Subcommittee, Chair, Business Law Section, IP Transactions Committee, Program Subcommittee, Chair
U.S. Bar/JPO Liaison Council, Delaware Delegate
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Federal Circuit Bar Association
Federal Bar Association Delaware Chapter, Intellectual Property Litigation Section, Past Co-Chair
- ADTRAN, Inc. v. TQ Delta, LLC
- ADTRAN, Inc. v. TQ Delta, LLC
- Amgen Inc. v. Hetero USA Inc., et al.
- AstraZeneca AB v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
- Bayer Intellectual Property GMBH, et al. v. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., et al.
- Blackbird Tech LLC v. Garmin Ltd., et al.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., et al. v. Bionpharma, Inc.
- Cirba Inc. et al v. VMware, Inc.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals LLC v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Forest Laboratories, LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC, et al. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Genuine Enabling Technology LLC v. Sony Corp., et al.
- Memory Integrity, LLC v. ASUSTek Computer, Inc., et al.
- Pfizer Inc., et al. v. Micro Labs USA Inc., et al.
- Onyx Therapeutics, Inc. v. Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- TQ Delta, LLC v. ZyXel Communications, Inc., et al.
- UCB, Inc., et al. v. Apotex, Corp. and Apotex, Inc.
- Wyeth LLC, et al. v. Apotex Inc., et al.
- Summit Data Systems LLC v. EMC Corporation, et al.
- Finjan Inc. v. McAfee Inc., et al.
- McGrath v. Datex-Ohmeda Inc., et al.
- Novartis Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Scholastic Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Randstad Holding N. V. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Tenneco Automotive Operating Company Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- TriMas Corporation v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- 1-800 Contacts Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Five Star Quality Care Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Instinet Incorporated v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- American Apparel Inc. v. Webvention Holdings LLC and Webvention LLC
- Sonion Nederland BV v. Asius Technologies LLC
- Serverside Group Limited et al. v. CPI Card Group – Minnesota Inc. et al.
- SonicWALL Inc. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
- Select Retrieval LLC v. Amerimark Direct LLC et al.
- AVM Technologies LLC v. Intel Corporation
- Polar Electro Oy v. Suunto Oy et al.|Asahi Glass Co Ltd. et al. v. Guardian Industries Corp.
- Round Rock Research LLC v. Macy’s Inc.
- Verance Corp. v. Digimarc Corp. (Delaware) et al.
- Universal Innovations LLC v. CS Industries Inc. et al.
- Where 2 Get It, Inc. v. Geo Tag Inc.
- Warnock v. GetFugu Inc. et al.
- American Cruise Lines Inc. v. HMS American Queen Steamboat Co. et al.
- Starhome GmbH v. AT&T Mobility LLC et al.
- Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited et al. v. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited et al.
- Technology Innovations LLC v. Amazon.com Inc.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Allied Telesis Inc. et al.
- CISCO Systems Inc. et al. v. Innovatio IP Ventures LLC
- FastVDO LLC v. Apple Inc. et al.
- FotoMedia Technologies LLC v. Facebook Inc. et al.
- ChriMar Systems Inc. et al. v. Cisco Systems Inc. et al.
- Digital CBT LLC v. TiVo Inc.
- Digital CBT LLC v. AT&T Inc.
- Ever Win International Corporation v. RadioShack Corporation
- EIT Holdings LLC v. Barnes & Noble Inc.
- Golden Bridge Technology Inc. v. Amazon.Com Inc. et al.
- Microsoft Corporation et al. v. GeoTag Inc.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. D-LINK Systems Inc., et al.
- Netgear Inc. v. Innovation IP Ventures LLC
- Neptune Technologies & Bioressources Inc. v. Enzymotec USA et al.
- Infoblox Inc. v. BlueCat Networks (USA) Inc. et al.
- Hunter Douglas Window Designs Inc. v. Springs Window Fashions LLC
- Marketlinx Inc. v. Industry Access Incorporated et al.
- Chalumeau Power Systems LLC v. Enterasys Networks Inc. et al.
Articles & Publications
- November 2, 2020
- October 10, 2018American Intellectual Property Association and Bloomberg Law
- August 1, 2018American Bar Association
- June 6, 2016
- August 27, 2014
- May 21, 2014
- May 21, 2012
- Patent Infringement Damage Awards: A Business OpportunityABA Pretrial Practice & Discovery Newsletter
- ABA IP Litigation NewsletterSeptember 2011ABA IP Litigation Newsletter
- District of Delaware Amends Local Rules of Civil Practice and ProcedureMay 2010
- The Patent PowerhouseMay 2010Delaware Business Magazine
- Res Judicata: Patent Indemnitee Beware!Spring 2010ABA IP Litigation Newsletter
- Patent Damages: Is Your Expert's Royalty Really "Reasonable"?April 2010National Litigation Consultants’ Review
- ABA Intellectual Property 2010 Annual Review2010ABA Intellectual Property 2010 Annual Review
- Permanent Injunctions in Patent Cases: A Post-eBay UpdateFall 2007ABA IP Remedies Newsletter
- District of Delaware Amends Local Rules of Civil Practice and Procedure, Client Newsletter
- District Court Local Rules: A Patent World of Difference, ABA Intellectual Property Litigation Newsletter
- Coming Full Circle: District Of Delaware Issues New Opinion On Waiver Of Attorney-Client Privilege And Attorney Work Product Protection In The Context Of A Willfulness InquiryThe IP Litigator
- Coming Full Circle: District Of Delaware Issues New Opinion On Waiver Of Attorney-Client Privilege And Attorney Work Product Protection In The Context Of A Willfulness InquiryJune 1, 200410 THE IP LITIGATOR 28
- Willful Patent Infringement, Advice of Counsel, and BifurcationApril 1, 200410 THE IP LITIGATOR 2
Videos & Podcasts
News & Events
News & Events
- June 1, 2023
- October 17, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- June 2, 2022
- October 26, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- May 25, 2021Chambers USA
- October 22, 2020
- August 21, 2020
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA
- February 20, 2020
- January 30, 2020Law360
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- April 26, 2019Chambers USA
- April 10, 2019DrugPatentWatch.com
- March 22, 2019
- October 22, 2018Delaware Today Magazine November 2018
- Ken Dorsney is Co-Author and Editor-in-Chief of AIPLA and Bloomberg Law's "Evidence in Patent Cases”October 10, 2018American Intellectual Property Association
- August 15, 2018
- November 1, 2017
- May 26, 2017Chambers USA
- June 6, 2016
- May 27, 2016Chambers USA
- May 13, 2016Intellectual Asset Management
- May 19, 2015
- May 30, 2014Intellectual Asset Management Magazine
- September 3, 2013
- Partner Kenneth L. Dorsney Named Among IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 2013June 5, 2013Intellectual Asset Management
- June 14, 2012
- May 21, 2012American Bar Association
- December 14, 2011
- December 17, 2010
- December 16, 2010Corporate Counsel Magazine
Best Lawyers, 2019 - Present
Chambers USA, Intellectual Property, 2015 - Present
Delaware Today Top Lawyers, Intellectual Property, 2017, 2018 - Present
- Top vote-getter for Intellectual Property, 2019
IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, 2013 - 2018
Global Law Experts, 2013 - 2014
IP Law Experts, 2014
Law Clerk for The Honorable Mary Pat Thynge, United States Magistrate Judge, U.S.
District Court, District of Delaware
Law Clerk for The Honorable Kent A. Jordan, U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
District of Columbia, 2004
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD, 1998
University of Delaware, BME, 2002
University of Delaware, BA, 1995