Keith E. Donovan is the Managing Partner and Chair of the Executive Committee of Morris James. As Managing Partner, Keith develops sound business strategies and policies for the firm, oversees firm operations with strict focus on ensuring superior client service, and leads firm operations. He was elected to this position in January 2018.
In addition to his management responsibilities, Keith is a fierce advocate for persons injured due to the negligence of others, and has more than 30 years of experience litigating personal injury cases, including mass torts and product liability claims.
He is highly regarded by clients as a skillful and composed trial attorney with sharp analytical skills. Keith is respected by his colleagues for his depth, responsiveness and ability to see the big picture.
For the first 10 years of his career, Keith concentrated on the representation of insurance companies and insureds. In 2002, Keith began representing injured individuals, and now exclusively represents plaintiffs in injury and insurance-related matters. His deep understanding of the tactics and strategies used by insurance companies in defending claims is a unique advantage to his clients.
Keith is a seasoned trial attorney, who has successfully litigated thousands of civil cases over the course of his career. He works tirelessly to settle cases outside of the courtroom, expediting resolution of the claim for his clients. Inside the courtroom, Keith is prepared, focused, and eager to win. He has tried over 45 cases to verdict, a noteworthy accomplishment as the litigation process often leads to settlement during mediation or arbitration.
As such, Keith is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation-only national association of experienced trial lawyers and judges. Members must have tried at least 10 civil jury trials to conclusion to be considered for invitation into the association. He was invited to ABOTA in 2005. In 2010, he was elected as President of the Delaware Chapter. In 2011, he was elected as Treasurer of the Delaware Chapter and currently serves in this role.
Additionally, Keith is a frequent speaker on personal injury insurance issues and on trial techniques and strategies. He is often selected by his peers to serve as an arbitrator or mediator.
Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- 2011, President
- 2008 - 2013, Board Member
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Delaware Chapter
- 2011 - Present, Treasurer
- 2010, President
- 2005 - Present
Delaware Board of Bar Examiners, Past Board Member
Kent County Civil Liaison for the Superior Court, tenure ended in 2018
Delaware State Bar Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member
American Association for Justice, Member
- Representing individuals injured due to the water contamination at Camp Lejeune
- Representing individuals injured due to the tuberculosis-infected bone graft material and product recall by Aziyo Biologics
- Successfully tried over 45 cases to verdict
- Successfully resolved thousands of injury claims throughout the course of his 30-year long career as a trial attorney
Latest Blog Posts
- Rideshare Accident FAQs
- What Kinds of Evidence Do You Need in a Trucking Accident Case?
- Five Things To Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
- What Compensation Can I Get if I am Hit While Walking or on a Bike or Golf Cart?
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents. Who is at Fault?
- Does Delaware have Laws about Dog Bites or Dangerous Dogs?
- Serious Injuries FAQs
- Do I Have to Report a Boating Accident in Delaware?
- View More
Delaware Injury Law Blog
Videos & Podcasts
- August 11, 2022
- February 4, 2022
- Aziyo Biologics Fibercel Recall: Donnie Smith Tells His Story of Fighting Tuberculosis from Contaminated Bone GraftJanuary 18, 2022
- July 1, 2021
- June 23, 2021
News & Events
News & Events
- August 18, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- August 9, 2022
- October 26, 2021
- September 21, 2021
- August 23, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- First Florida Tuberculosis-Tainted Surgical Case Among the Latest Filed Against Aziyo Biologics, Inc.July 2, 2021
- June 19, 2021Washington Post
- June 17, 2021Delaware Law Weekly
- November 5, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- August 24, 2020
- August 21, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- May 7, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- November 1, 2019
- October 22, 2019Delaware Today Magazine
- October 22, 2018Delaware Today Magazine November 2018
- September 18, 2018The Mid-Market Report
- August 21, 2018Mid Market Report
- August 15, 2018
- February 6, 2018
- November 1, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- October 24, 2016
- August 16, 2016Best Lawyers
- February 29, 2016
- August 18, 2015
- October 21, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- August 30, 2012
- August 31, 2011
- July 27, 2011
- October 25, 2010
- August 4, 2010
- October 12, 2009
Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation, Plaintiff's
- 2009 - Present
- 2020, Lawyer of the Year
Delaware Today Top Lawyers
- 2014 - Present, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 2010, 2014 - 2016, Tort Law
America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement, 2016
Corporate INTL Magazine, Attorney of the Year in Delaware, 2014
American Registry, Best Delaware Attorneys, 2013
Delaware Volunteer Legal Services Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2009
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Widener University Delaware Law School, JD, cum laude, 1991
University of Delaware, BS, 1988