Morris James has a defense-based intellectual property practice that commands respect as established and dominant leader in Delaware. Our status has been earned as a result of decades of trials, representing Fortune 500 companies across the nation. Our attorneys are recognized for excellence in intellectual property law by organizations that include only attorneys of the highest caliber, including Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Best Lawyers®, Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Firms and Attorneys, and Delaware Super Lawyers®.
We actively practice patent litigation in the US District Court for the District of Delaware. We know the judges, procedures and law inside-and-out. We have substantial roles in the cases that file in Delaware, most notably to patent defendants, representing clients in a broad range of industries, including pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, automotive, biomedical, electronics, internet, and software development. Our attorneys regularly act as counsel in national intellectual property litigation concerning patents, copyrights, trade secret, trademarks, and antitrust dispute cases.
Unique to Morris James is our background in electronically stored information. We have a firmwide eDiscovery system that is seamless and efficient. We have also been instrumental in the drafting of the Delaware District Court Default Standards, as well as eDiscovery rules and guidelines in other Delaware Courts.
We are a nimble but formidable team, offering clients and co-counsel superior legal ability and client service.
- May 25, 2021Chambers USA
- October 22, 2020
- August 21, 2020
- April 24, 2020Chambers USA
- March 24, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- January 30, 2020Law360
- Partner Ken Dorsney Co-Authors Third Edition of ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent LitigatorsNovember 2, 2020
- October 10, 2018
- Partner Ken Dorsney Co-Authors New Edition of Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent PortfolioAugust 1, 2018
- Partner Ken Dorsney Co-Authors New Edition of ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent LitigatorsJune 6, 2016
- November 5, 2014
- Partner Kenneth L. Dorsney Publishes New Book Entitled Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent PortfolioAugust 27, 2014
- Partner Kenneth L. Dorsney Publishes New Book ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent LitigatorsMay 21, 2014
- Morris James Team is Editor-In-Chief and a Co-Authors of a New ANDA Litigation Book Published by the American Bar AssociationMay 21, 2012
Videos & Podcasts
- June 25, 2015